Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 11:24 AM

793 posts, read 1,419,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
Blue jeans, black T-shirts, Nikes, and tended to tag things with "OZZY," yeah.
OZZY is a bit more harmless than X3, I think, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 03:03 PM

457 posts, read 1,182,092 times
Quote:
Ah yes, defacing someone else's property. What a sign of good young lads...

Old 12-02-2013, 07:02 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,274,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
OZZY is a bit more harmless than X3, I think, though.
Not if you're a bat!

Old 12-02-2013, 07:21 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,102,359 times
So funny, I lived in Roseville and granite bay in 1970 thru 1984, so it was the absolute sticks. It was considered an impossibly long commute into sacramento. There was ONLY old Roseville and the train area and Denios flea market, there was not a single housing area outside of the old town. It was almost entirely Mexican, and granite bay was where you went to "get outta town". I lived 1/2 mile from the lake and there were maybe 3 small housing developments and some older subdivisions and one high school. My two grown kids and grand kids still live there and every time I visit I am a nervous wreck with all the wall to wall people, suburbs, cars, strip malls, galleries. It is a ZOO! A busy, mad crazy ZOO of humanity. I don't know how they stand it there! Now I live 25 miles west of Austin texas, back in the semi rural area on acreage surrounded by llama ranches, horse ranches, goat ranches, wineries and wedding destinations in gorgeous rolling hills. Just like Roseville and granite bay used to look like! They are, as I write this, laying gas pipes for new housing coming in. Beyond sad. Good luck though.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:43 AM

793 posts, read 1,419,034 times
Quote:
Not if you're a bat!
Apparently he thought it was a rubber bat. I can't even imagine the level of surprise he felt when he bit into that thing.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:21 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,651,150 times
Quote:
Heh. While X3 might be a different story, these memories are probably good to keep handy. At the ripe old age of <30, but as a homeowner, a few blocks from a large high school, I must admit to an occasional twinge of that "hmmm, those kids look like they're up to no good!" feeling. But hey, I had a good upbringing and ended up valedictorian of my high school, but still had a long phase in middle school of standing around and glaring, smoking (when you could 'em!), skateboarding, making out with girls of ill repute, minor shoplifting, and minor property destruction. I really don't want people destructioning my property or anything, but there's a big difference between a crime-ridden, gang-infested neighborhood, and one where a few teenagers are acting like, well, teenagers.

My neighbors told me a story of a kid in the area whose family they knew well, got in with the wrong crowd and would occasionally steal stuff from their backyard and garage. It was amazing to me that all that came through in the story was compassion for this person, and that it was a minor blip in an otherwise safe and connected community, where they raised 3 kids and continue to live today.

Old 01-14-2014, 03:58 PM

737 posts, read 2,586,818 times
So is the Roseville area near RR tracks considered "bad" like transients or bad like meth houses or just an eyesore? Please add any info that might be helpful as I am trying to help a friend look for an apt. She is moving from FL -a highly walkable area and considered "safe", to Roseville for a new job in 3 weeks. Thanks so much... took me afew searches here to find much of anything about Roseville, so help is appreciated, indeed!

Old 01-14-2014, 06:07 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,102,359 times
Roseville, old town is walkable and cute, but most of Roseville is one housing area after another, after another, theses suburbs are not meant to be walkable as in a cute, adorable community with cafes and bookstores. They are simply housing areas with local strip malls and galleria nearby. You use your car everywhere. . You can walk around the block, probably in the street since many housing areas didn't expend cash on sidewalks, but there is nothing pretty about it other than looking at your neighbors landscaping. But certainly safe enough most every area of Roseville. The actual railroad yard and old town around the flea market may have some sketchy areas amongst it, but it you aren't an idiot, walkable. Not sure I would be running alone at night there or anywhere else.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:06 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,274,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBeachFL View Post
So is the Roseville area near RR tracks considered "bad" like transients or bad like meth houses or just an eyesore? Please add any info that might be helpful as I am trying to help a friend look for an apt. She is moving from FL -a highly walkable area and considered "safe", to Roseville for a new job in 3 weeks. Thanks so much... took me afew searches here to find much of anything about Roseville, so help is appreciated, indeed!
"Bad" like they saw a Mexican there once who wasn't holding a leaf blower.

Old 01-15-2014, 06:18 AM

737 posts, read 2,586,818 times
Thanks for the insight. Think I understand, LOL on the leafblower reference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento