Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2013, 03:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,308 times

Advertisements

my wife works at mcdonalds and also worked at dennys as a server. Her boss said she was getting fired because it would be easier to get rid of her than to punish her managers. My wife has complained to the boss several times for the harassment she was experiencing from her shift managers (ie.) yelling, getting in her face, making fun of her with other team members, sending her home early, taking tables and tips that were not hers, and excluding her from team meetings. My wife asked for corporates number and after that she was fired. to me it sounds like retaliation but I might be wrong. since she was fired, our household budget has been cut by 2,000 dollars a month so we are not in a good spot. is there any advice or legal info anybody can give us. really just wondering if she can apply for unemployment because she still works at mcdonalds about 20-30 hrs a week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2013, 03:40 PM

108 posts, read 126,116 times
Come on folks let's get a job at MDS AND DENNYS. $2000. a month anyone?

Old 11-22-2013, 04:43 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,652,565 times
This might help. From your description, it doesn't sound like her boss was much of a peach, but she might have a hard time showing the firing was illegal. How to File Wrongful Termination in California | eHow There's nothing wrong with her filing a complaint with corporate, but I have no idea how franchises interact with HQ.

As for unemployment, I'd suggest going through the normal channels and applying. Be honest about the "before and after" wages and see what the results are. I assume that some of her wages at Denny's were tips and probably not reported as income (which is the law but seemingly no one follows it), the "official" wage reduction won't be as large as the real losses, so you might not qualify.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:59 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,843,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shhigottabite View Post
is there any advice or legal info anybody can give us. really just wondering if she can apply for unemployment because she still works at mcdonalds about 20-30 hrs a week
Apply for unemployment and see what happens.
Or, for legal advice, consult a lawyer.

Do a google search for wrongful termination in Sacramento (or where-ever), a whole lot of options come up.

No one here can give you legal advice.

Old 11-23-2013, 11:57 PM

442 posts, read 588,423 times
Generally you can get unemployment if the firing was not your fault.

They will somehow check with her employer so whatever he/she says, is what goes.

It's probably a crap shoot.

Old 11-25-2013, 04:22 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,043,863 times
Try posting in the right forum here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/unemployment/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
View detailed profiles of: