U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 05:47 PM

37 posts, read 139,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerLV View Post
We’re both suburban-raised, though, and like the convenience of nearby Costco's, a good mall, bookstores, and big box shops.

Some of our more specific criteria include:
• Houses in the $500k - $700k range
• Although we appreciate diversity, we value low crime even more. Is crime really as bad as I see on city stat charts? Or is it mostly restricted to the downtown areas?
• I’m reading reports on the air quality in the area, and it seems like it’s not so good, especially over the summer. Is that a fair assessment? Looks like you may be getting a lot of smog blowing in from the SF area?
• How is the high tech job market? My most recent job was with America Online, so I’m a white-collar techie

In considering Sacramento (online at least), it looks like the areas of Roseville, Rancho Cordova, Granite Bay, Folsom, Rocklin, Loomis, Eldorado Hills… may meet our criteria. Any specific input or observances will be very greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance!
Granite Bay, El Dorado Hills - I would point you more that direction reason being, low crime rate.
Recently Roseville/Rocklin area has begun to have more and more crime, nothing in compared to DC i'm sure, but because of the shopping areas it has pulled crime from other areas (North Highlands/Sacramento/Antelope) and brought it up there because of the fancy cars and the more luxuries.
EX: People with big fancy homes leaving their garage doors open and their backgates ajar and M-Benz un-locked.
But you still can jogg at 2am in the morning usually un-scathed or bothered.
Like anywhere else they had their fare share of problems but they tend to nip it in the rear when they can.

El Dorado Hills is near 50 and your probably looking at a commute (if you were hired in Folsom) around 20-55mins.
Granite Bay you have a couple options, but either way there is always some form of construction and TONS of traffic.
Sunrise - usually has some form of construction or traffic
Hazel - same as above
Aub-Folsom - traffic because everyone else is avoiding the above two.

Hope this helps, but if your looking for low crime and luxury is your thing.
Granite Bay, El Dorado Hills I would reccomend IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or