U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 11:15 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,563,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorRain View Post
Ok, months later I am replying to this thread again.. I been in Sacramento over a week now or a week exactly.

I am in East Sacramento. Walking distance to a good deal, although it takes longer to walk more into the city downtown. It has a Leave it to Beaver feel to it. It reminds me of many areas near Boston actually. I didn't get to check out a lot of the night scene yet, but I did check out a coffee shop or 2 not naming any of the chains. I currently don't have my car here yet and I am just waiting for it so I can go even more places and apply to even more jobs. I walk it pretty much from 48th street area to Folsom or even toward Alhambra at times.

Pros.. safe.. little crime and appears like an area where very few robberies go on of any kind. Kid friendly, family friendly. Cute restaurants and shops depending on where you go. Nicely laid out city on the whole.

Very cool in morning and night.

Cons.. Interracial relationships at the maximum.. Much more than anywhere I've ever lived. I even explored this mentally at a time, but realized it was just flat out.. ugh and whenever I see it, I always ask what possesses these people.

Lack of distinctive neighborhoods (ie seperate cultures/segregation). This brings out more diversity whether you know it or not. It takes away diversity when more people racially mix.

Its still too hot in the daytime

All the cons pretty much have to do with the mixed culture here or at least by my eyes and some of these people who tend to have multicultural friends seem to be douches that I want nothing to do with at the same time, so all the more reason not to like them.

Overall outside this factor, I like what I see, but Portland is where I truly want to live STILL. I planned it for awhile, Sacramento I feel is more a stop along the way.

Why the obsession with interracial relationships dude? Did a Black guy rape your sister? What is it?

Hey man, you've made it clear that you love everything about Portland. In fact, you sound damn near obsessed about that city. Why don't you just move there instead of complaining about Sacramento's "race mixing".

You knew before you came here that Sacramento was a diverse city. You obviously have a major problem with it. Why come? Why even live here? Why **** yourself off on a daily basis?

Really, you are entitled to your opinion. I'm not trying to change it. I just have to question why you would live in a place that will irk you every day, and not move to a place where you really want to live. I just do not understand why Sacramento has to be that "stop on the way" to magical Portland. It's just not logical.

Sacramento is a diverse city, a very racially integrated city, if you have a problem with that, you should not live here because you will be very upset every day. And frankly, I don't want to see you ***** about this for months to come before you finally make that move to the great city of Portland where you can finally feel comfortable "around your own". Just make the move already, what's keeping you here?
Rate this post positively

Old 08-09-2011, 10:24 AM

137 posts, read 314,726 times
Let's not respond to racial trolling by making light of rape, please.

In fact... Let's not respond at all any more.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:23 AM

658 posts, read 528,884 times
Lets just hope he chooses Portland lol

Old 08-10-2011, 12:02 PM

168 posts, read 494,668 times
Hey doc rain...

You fall in love with the inner person... not the color of one's skin. Get over it. You can go get your hood and burning crosses in elverta or rio linda if you like.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:54 AM

1,342 posts, read 1,805,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn_Estrada View Post
Hey doc rain...

You fall in love with the inner person... not the color of one's skin. Get over it. You can go get your hood and burning crosses in elverta or rio linda if you like.
See this is ignorance on your behalf. I don't plan to join the KKK. You do realize there are progressive nationalists or those who are not "backwards". Ignorance to you is enlightenment for me. Call me intolerant, but I call it pride. If I was a La Raza member, you wouldn't be saying this to me. Just keep that in mind.

The inner person may be pink, but it does not go beyond this. There are clearcut biological differences in races. Blacks beg whites for money far more often. Down and out whites in most cities suck it up and don't always beg people for handouts and I am willing to bet these black beggars aren't even homeless some of the time. Dude, there are clear differences. In Portland though, more rich white kids will panhandle, but still. I get it far more often from blacks.
Why do you think tribes stick together or are known to? Sure you can say we are the same inside, but we don't even know that truly do we? White contribution to society far outdoes blacks. Blacks brought Peanut butter, Jazz and blues and homestyle ribs. A black guy who owned a small rib shack did it to perfection. Always had the smokers running and the meat on them at 4am and other black rib shacks did the same. I will say they are far superior to "white" Outback ribs, but other than all this, blacks didn't bring a lot overall.

Whites brought electricity, computers, tollerance, trees, nature. You cannot debate it.. it is real and true, and is a part of my "ignorance". Ya ok sure bub.

Last edited by DoctorRain; 08-15-2011 at 03:04 AM..

Old 08-15-2011, 03:13 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,568,959 times
oh lawd

Old 08-15-2011, 09:01 AM

13,860 posts, read 24,611,570 times
This has strayed far beyond Portland or Sacramento, and is now closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or