Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2018, 12:08 PM

14 posts, read 37,827 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! My husband and I are wondering if Sacramento might be a good fit for us. Here is a little bit about us:

-currently in our late 20s and want friends but we're not into partying or the bar scene. More like coffee on the patio and going for a hike kinda people.
-don't have kids and might never so schools aren't at the top of our priority list
-husband is an avid tennis player and wants some people around to play with and have a tennis club in town
-no snow
-access to hiking, biking, and lakes if possible within an hour or so
-liberal leaning
-we'd like to buy a condo or house in the next few years, obviously our expectations are set low with the higher home prices there but it would be nice to have options below 500,000
-I own a interior design business so having a client base of people into design/willing to pay for design is important
-ideally within an hour of an airport as all of our family lives out of state

In your experience, does Sacto have many of these qualities? Especially the demographics for an interior design company? From my searches online, it looks like maybe more standard suburban homes whereas the towns closer to SF have a bigger variety of design prospects but please tell me if you have a different experience. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2018, 12:32 PM

572 posts, read 599,209 times
I know nothing about the clientele for interior design but the rest of your desired qualities Sacramento has for sure. It's perfect for tennis here!

There are wealthy enclaves in Sacramento that may have opportunities for interior design services - but yeah a lot of Sacramento is typically standard California suburbia. Neighborhoods that might be more into interior design services are Land Park, East Sacramento, Sierra Oaks/Wilhaggin/Carmichael (just the north side of American river), Granite Bay.

Good luck.

Old 06-22-2018, 10:47 AM

3,720 posts, read 9,999,504 times
And with the booming RE market, there are many interior designers working to stage properties and doing quite well.

Old 06-22-2018, 01:51 PM

6,906 posts, read 8,275,166 times
Sunseeker111,

I think that market and demographic is growing and will continue to grow in the Sacramento Region.

Food for Thought:

Bay Area and SoCal money is coming in and they are ready to spend with big disposable incomes.

A Big example of whose coming:

Meg Whitman and her husband Griffith Harsh purchased a 2 million plus condo in downtown Sacramento and will be making Sacramento their new home.

They are leaving the SF Peninsula area (Atherton) so Harsch can lead the new Surgery Team at University of California Davis Medical Center in Sacramento.

He is leaving Stanford so he can make University of California, Davis one of the best in world for Neurosurgery - thats the goal.

Meg Whitman - Networth 3.2 Billion: Former Director of Procter & Gamble, Hasbro, Disney, Hewlett-Packard, and eBay.

Griffith Harsh - Top leader and Surgeon in Neuroscience: Leader in his field at University of California, SF; Stanford University and now University of California, Davis (in Sacramento).

Old 06-22-2018, 10:50 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,505,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaN View Post
And with the booming RE market, there are many interior designers working to stage properties and doing quite well.
So true. My daughter paid a professional stager/decorator to get her Oakland property ready before listing it to sell last year. She said it was well worth every penny. This is becoming really popular. I think the service included photos for a special website. I'm not sure if the fancy website for just her property was done through the realtor or the stager.

At any rate, yes, there is a market for this kind of temporary staging.

Also, my daughter loved the results of the staging by the decorator, that she considered hiring her to decorate her new home that she bought.

So, it can also generate more work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento