Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2014, 12:29 AM

322 posts, read 779,159 times

Advertisements

I have seen rentals jump in that gold country area of at least $200 over the past couple of years. Is Nevada County in some kind of housing bubble, does anyone know? Are people coming in from the Bay Area again and investing a lot there? I just can't believe these rather rapid changes I've noticed in the classifieds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 01:51 AM

49 posts, read 85,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartfocus View Post
I have seen rentals jump in that gold country area of at least $200 over the past couple of years. Is Nevada County in some kind of housing bubble, does anyone know? Are people coming in from the Bay Area again and investing a lot there? I just can't believe these rather rapid changes I've noticed in the classifieds.
I just arrived to Nevada County..Auburn to be exact.

Auburn is a good community, very nice. People overall are nice. If there are negatives, its probably what you just said about Bay area people moving there and driving it up. It just never fails does it? The water shortage and less rain is a negative also. On the positive side, Auburn is 10 degrees cooler than Sacramento in the summer. But yes that area will lose its appeal if it gets priced too high and in 20 yrs will look like the North Highlands or Natomas.. Right now its good yes, but can't keep going up or else.
I hate the whole we have to own homes, sell them when you make money and upgrade your next home mindset and I want it to die off. Billy Joel was right in how the boomers didn't start the fire but they for sure started the housing bubble and the education bubble.

Old 02-01-2014, 04:55 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,274,317 times
I know a man who owns a cabin up that way, far back in the forests, and it used to be very isolated with very few neighbors anywhere around. I used Google Earth to find it recently, and now it's surrounded by big houses, and the dirt road that gets you in there has been paved. This since 2005. So it looks like a lot more people are moving in there and ruining the place. No doubt they will at some point organize a Homeowners Association, if they have not already done so.

It's always been that way, anywhere that's nice to be will eventually be filled up with those destroying what they sought.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:52 AM

69 posts, read 67,703 times
In the last couple of years? I first moved to Auburn in 1967 and stayed in the area until 1984. The growth and increase in housing costs were unbearable even then.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:34 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,577 posts, read 81,186,228 times
Seems like $200 in 2 years is not much of an increase, compared to the Bay Area or even here in Seattle. If nothing else the increased taxes, insurance, and labor for maintenance and repairs will justify that.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:47 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,843,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetmeoutofMA View Post
I hate the whole we have to own homes, sell them when you make money and upgrade your next home mindset and I want it to die off. Billy Joel was right in how the boomers didn't start the fire but they for sure started the housing bubble and the education bubble.
What???

Old 02-03-2014, 09:05 AM

8,673 posts, read 17,282,794 times
Don't be too hard on the guy, he doesn't even know what county he is in!

Old 02-14-2014, 09:59 PM

322 posts, read 779,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
I know a man who owns a cabin up that way, far back in the forests, and it used to be very isolated with very few neighbors anywhere around. I used Google Earth to find it recently, and now it's surrounded by big houses, and the dirt road that gets you in there has been paved. This since 2005. So it looks like a lot more people are moving in there and ruining the place. No doubt they will at some point organize a Homeowners Association, if they have not already done so.

It's always been that way, anywhere that's nice to be will eventually be filled up with those destroying what they sought.
Amy, that's exactly what I mean. I lived in Grass Valley from 2005-2009 and the rents were reasonable. In fact, I moved there from Reno and got a big house in Grass Valley for $1250 a month, when in Reno all that you can get for that price was an apartment. Its totally changed now. It would be nice to live there again but its just gone up so far in price that I no longer can afford Grass Valley! This is so unfair what they are doing to Nevada County.

Oh, and they have a big homeless problem there now because it got out on the grapevine that they take care of their homeless people. They stay overnight in churches and get a huge homemade buffet every night. That info made it to Sacramento and all these homeless came to Grass Valley and they hang out at the grocery stores in the daytime and scare the women. I've even read about that on Craigslist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento