Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2014, 03:13 PM

14 posts, read 43,542 times

Advertisements

My family might be relocating to the Sacramento area from Ohio. I like Roseville, Rocklin, Lincoln, Folsom, and Cameron Park. I noticed that Roseville is pretty spread out and could potentially have some not so desirable areas (higher amount of crime, etc.) like any town. I would love to know if there are any areas in Roseville we should avoid? We have 3 kids & want a family oriented community to live in. Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 07:31 PM

457 posts, read 1,182,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineGrl123 View Post
My family might be relocating to the Sacramento area from Ohio. I like Roseville, Rocklin, Lincoln, Folsom, and Cameron Park. I noticed that Roseville is pretty spread out and could potentially have some not so desirable areas (higher amount of crime, etc.) like any town. I would love to know if there are any areas in Roseville we should avoid? We have 3 kids & want a family oriented community to live in. Thanks!
Generally people avoid the older neighborhoods in Roseville. So anything along the tracks going through the heart of the town is generally avoided. I personally always use the schools scores to help judge a neighborhood. Schoolperfmancemaps.com is easy to use but outdated a few years and gives you general idea of what to expect.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:47 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,279,161 times
Even the "bad areas" of Roseville are pretty safe, like the neighborhoods south of Vernon Street. The homes there are more quaint and tree-lined, and you can walk to Roseville's little downtown. It's not a big city by any means, and "downtown" is mostly just the remnants from when Roseville was a little railroad town, with an Art Deco theater and some little boutiques and cafes.

Old 02-25-2014, 10:05 AM

So which subdivisions should we avoid in Roseville? Highland Reserve? Industrial area?

Old 02-25-2014, 10:32 PM

914 posts, read 2,918,840 times
Have you ever been to Roseville? You can't make informed decision without visiting at least once. If you want safety, just avoid anything near the downtown/older part of town. Although even in that area, some neighborhoods are better than others. But since you are not familiar with the city, just stick to the newer, suburban neighborhoods (Northwest/West Roseville).

Old 02-26-2014, 03:08 PM

457 posts, read 1,182,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineGrl123 View Post
So which subdivisions should we avoid in Roseville? Highland Reserve? Industrial area?
Those are both fine.

Old 03-01-2014, 12:43 AM

914 posts, read 2,918,840 times
Roseville has a huge railroad presence. The downtown area is close to the tracks, hence, it will always be gritty, industrial, and attract an undesirable element. The further away from the train tracks you go, the better the neighborhoods are and the more the homes cost. I think it's the same for thousands of cities across America.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:13 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,800,406 times
Even the "bad" part of Roseville is a walk in the park compared to most of Sacramento City proper. Fear not.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:42 AM

528 posts, read 866,922 times
Roseville isn't scary at all. I don't know what people are thinking. to me Roseville reminds me of a lower to middle class blue collar town in the older parts, but nicer and upscale everywhere else. Do I like that kind of place? Not really but I'd probably rather live there than Natomas or Elk Grove for sure. Downtown is pretty charming.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:06 PM

It looks like the western part of Roseville is really nice. I'm not sure about the eastern side? I really appreciate everyone's input on this. We will probably be visiting the Sacramento area early next month, so it will be good to know which areas to look at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento