Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2014, 11:26 PM
nvy nvy started this thread

9 posts, read 9,576 times

Advertisements

I bought a home in the Villages of Zinfandel area of Rancho Cordova (the new(er) homes opposite of CVS in Zinfandel Dr. behind Verizon/HealthNet on International Dr).

I'm looking for local services like a handyman with bath fittings and some projects around the house. Also, I'm looking for a reasonable lawn maintenance and cleaning service.

Does anybody here have recommendations? I've been using Yelp and Craigslist but all the top rated folks / constantly ad posting folks seem to be backed up in their appointments or seem already busy or full. I just want to give some good business to a smaller business around.

I would love feedback on the process you use to find local services like handymen, lawn care and bi-monthly home cleaning. Budget is not a big concern as I'm looking for accessible services as long as they seem reasonable / fair in their approach for a quote. I've not met my neighbors yet as I'm not a very sociable person (this is my first home, I've never talked to my neighbors when I was renting). I would prefer to contact business directly or look online than talk to my neighbors.

Last edited by nvy; 03-31-2014 at 11:31 PM.. Reason: Specify budget, neighbour recommendation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 12:35 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,840,768 times
I'd skip Yelp. Businesses that won't pay their extortionist fees, have all their positive reviews filtered out. Its better to get references from friends or acquaintances, or on local forums while still taking others advice with a grain of salt. The painter I used was highly recommended. I thought he & his crew were awful. the paint was still tacky months later, and it was even beginning to peel in the areas were they did not prep properly, but he just barely met code (per my 2nd opinion), so I had no recourse. After having his crew back several times to try to fix it, I just gave up.

My Gardner is from Rancho. He does a decent job. I like the cost, $55/month.
Michael's Landscaping, 530-863-9250
When I bought my house, this was the existing Gardner. He gave me a flyer, we discussed costs, and I kept him.

For landscaping, I've used Gove Landscaping and am really happy with the design, the quality of work & price. www.govelandscaping.com

For Handyman stuff, I use Matt at Donato Construction. He's a perfectionist and competitively priced. He does all my work. Ph 916-837-7574
Matt is the nephew of a co-worker. He gave me a bid to paint the interior, but I went with another company that I heard about on another local forum and I was sorely disappointed. I've never been disappointed by Matt. He does an awesome job.

For urgent plumbing needs, I've used Don Hallwedel of Sierra View Plumbing, 916-983-7033. Excellent. I heard about him on the Folsom tomato pages forum.

For window & slider repair/work, I've used Ron Riddle at United Glass. 916-344-4100

AC Girl is highly rated. I did use her for my home AC inspection. 916-832-0010.

I don't use a housekeeper, but if I did, I'd use one I've seen advertise based out of RC. www.hansenshomeservices.com

Not sure if you have appliances, but instead of buying at the big box store, I went to Valley Oak Appliances in Elk Grove. I specifically wanted Speed Queen washer & dryer, and I bought my other appliances there too. They have superb service and the quality if their product is better than HD. 916-686-4690

Happy shopping & fixing things up. If you do call any of the people I mentioned (especially Matt), tell them Karen from the forum referred you.

Last edited by caligirlz; 04-01-2014 at 01:00 AM..

Old 04-01-2014, 10:44 AM
nvy nvy started this thread

9 posts, read 9,576 times
Thank you! That was a very detailed list of contacts. I really appreciate it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento