Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 06:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,947 times

Advertisements

Is anyone familiar with the Fair Oaks to North Natomas commute? Which would be the best route - 50 (I am worried about Sunrise)? Madison to 80? Fair Oaks Blvd to 80? I'm not sure exactly where in Fair Oaks we would be living, and I know that makes a difference. My morning commute would be between 6:30 and 7 (so I hopefully have nothing to worry about on that end) and my afternoon commute would be between 4:30 and 6:00 (flexible, but I know those are the worst hours).

I am familiar with the area, just not with commuting. I do know I love Fair Oaks, and am trying to see if living there is feasible. I live in Southern CA currently, so I am not afraid of a little traffic, but I don't want to be living in it every day. Hoping for a 30 minute-ish commute, give or take a few minutes.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2014, 07:43 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,807,592 times
There is no direct route. It's either surface streets or surface streets/freeway. Either way, its not going to be pleasant since you are driving during commuting hours. I would suggest leaving at 6 instead of 630.

The most direct route would be Madison or Greenback to 80. Going to 50, then up capitol 80 to 80 will be adding a lot of extra time & headache to your trip. Plus the 50 project is starting soon, and the lanes will be cut in half, so you will want to avoid driving near the downtown core.

Fair Oaks Blvd is too slow. Avoid it.

Did you know you can get on 80 at Auburn, near Winding Way? I'm not sure it would be worth if for you as it would require a little back tracking. Check it out on mapquest to see if it would work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
View detailed profiles of: