Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 10:20 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,840,768 times

Advertisements

Plus, I believe there are now 4-5 lanes going under the freeway from EDH Blvd to Latrobe. At the 50 exit (from Folsom) to Latrobe, the lanes narrow to 3-4 and people seem to have difficulty figuring out which lane to be in. The far right hand lane puts you into the transition/turn lane on Town Center (to BSC) which is fine IF you plan to make that right turn. Many people seem to wind up there by mistake which then causes confusion for those exiting 50. The Latrobe exit from 50 (from Folsom) is always backed up, because people don't really want to be in the far right lane (to BSC) once they make the turn, they really want to go straight on Latrobe. That lane is used as a transition lane. I see a lot of near misses & accidents in this era and at both Latrobe & Town Center, and Latrobe & White Rock.

I'm there daily during commute & midday hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 01:50 PM

527 posts, read 1,323,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
Plus, I believe there are now 4-5 lanes going under the freeway from EDH Blvd to Latrobe. At the 50 exit (from Folsom) to Latrobe, the lanes narrow to 3-4 and people seem to have difficulty figuring out which lane to be in. The far right hand lane puts you into the transition/turn lane on Town Center (to BSC) which is fine IF you plan to make that right turn. Many people seem to wind up there by mistake which then causes confusion for those exiting 50. The Latrobe exit from 50 (from Folsom) is always backed up, because people don't really want to be in the far right lane (to BSC) once they make the turn, they really want to go straight on Latrobe. That lane is used as a transition lane. I see a lot of near misses & accidents in this era and at both Latrobe & Town Center, and Latrobe & White Rock.

I'm there daily during commute & midday hours.
I see what you're saying. I guess I never notice that because I always go directly to the far left lane on latrobe after exiting from 50 (from folsom). But looking at the map they do have the short dotted lines to indicate a lane drop and a yellow warning sign as well and about 700' to merge over should be easy enough. Perhaps I'm just missing all the action somehow.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:16 PM

290 posts, read 544,399 times
I agree that Latrobe exit is a bit wonky.

Old 06-03-2014, 11:47 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,840,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob98LS1 View Post
I see what you're saying. I guess I never notice that because I always go directly to the far left lane on latrobe after exiting from 50 (from folsom). But looking at the map they do have the short dotted lines to indicate a lane drop and a yellow warning sign as well and about 700' to merge over should be easy enough. Perhaps I'm just missing all the action somehow.
I've seen the evidence of 2 accidents since 5/29. That's less than a week.

Old 06-07-2014, 04:40 PM

527 posts, read 1,323,604 times
The 6/4 planning commission adopted an amended DA for relating to this development and had some further discussion on the matter. The one that was against the development based mainly on timing of the project was concerned that they will start all the construction and improvements but then be unable to get building permits for homes if we continue to be in a drought situation. They also approved an 80' electronic and static billboard to promote palladio to be located along the hwy 50 west onramp at bidwell/scott interchange.

6/4 Folsom Planning Commission Agenda
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento