Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 11:11 AM

762 posts, read 2,030,980 times

Advertisements

I hope you love the wind!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 08:35 AM

51 posts, read 128,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro View Post
I hope you love the wind!
It's greatly appreciated on hot days, believe me - at least it's not as stagnant or polluted as the central valley!

Realistically, winds are often 5-15 mph, and on gusty days can get to 25-30. It's worse in Fairfield, where you get more of the marine influence. It's just typical of living in the Gateway to the Delta, but the city itself is much better than living in Stockton (IMO).

Old 06-04-2014, 01:08 PM

762 posts, read 2,030,980 times
better windsurfing in rio vista!

Old 06-08-2014, 03:37 PM

322 posts, read 779,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradlywhite View Post
Cowgirl Kathy,

DO NOT PASS UP ON OROVILLE from what you heard. There is no excon thing here, never heard of it , never been affected by it, and I have lived here since 1971. We are the County seat, so from the County jail, they walk out in Oroville, but if they are from other cities in the County, they usually get there fairly quickly. As per the crime, Oroville has a problem with crime stats, not crime. Our population in town is approx. 16,000. In the Oroville area there is around 50,000-60,000 people. All the crime of 50-60k people gets reported in a town of 16,000. Oroville is a beautiful town that is hotter than Paradise but is actually cooler than Chico usually. There is a variety of things to do in Oroville, fishing, hiking, horseback riding, biking(we have the brad freeman trail. Approx. 40 miles in length)

Take a lok in Oroville again. For some reason, even after the advent of mass communication, Oroville has a bad rep. But it is simply not true.

As per your requst, you can generally find a home on acreage for around $150,000 to$250,000 near town. There may not be city water on it though, but a good well here generally stays a good well.
It's way too hot there. How can you go biking in 100+ degree weather?

Old 06-09-2014, 03:01 PM

107 posts, read 248,547 times
I just went Biking the other day. It did not feel hot, and since it was before 1, it was probably still in the 90s. It can be done. When you are riding, you do get a nice breeze against you. But I would caution anyone to know your limits, and get plenty of water and electrolytes.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:04 PM

Well good for you, because I am heat intolerant and could never do that. However, it is the worst community I could imagine to go biking in in those temperatures even for a medically normal person. You must be very determined.
Hoping you don't get heat stroke!

Old 06-12-2014, 06:10 AM

528 posts, read 867,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradlywhite View Post
Cowgirl Kathy,

DO NOT PASS UP ON OROVILLE from what you heard. There is no excon thing here, never heard of it , never been affected by it, and I have lived here since 1971. We are the County seat, so from the County jail, they walk out in Oroville, but if they are from other cities in the County, they usually get there fairly quickly. As per the crime, Oroville has a problem with crime stats, not crime. Our population in town is approx. 16,000. In the Oroville area there is around 50,000-60,000 people. All the crime of 50-60k people gets reported in a town of 16,000. Oroville is a beautiful town that is hotter than Paradise but is actually cooler than Chico usually. There is a variety of things to do in Oroville, fishing, hiking, horseback riding, biking(we have the brad freeman trail. Approx. 40 miles in length)

Take a lok in Oroville again. For some reason, even after the advent of mass communication, Oroville has a bad rep. But it is simply not true.

As per your requst, you can generally find a home on acreage for around $150,000 to$250,000 near town. There may not be city water on it though, but a good well here generally stays a good well.
Save it. Its no place I'd want to live either, I am with Cowgirl Kathy. Most people would rather flee this state for a better place truly than to relocate to a cheaper hellhole town like Oroville if that's all they're going to get for their dollar.

Old 06-12-2014, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
bradlywhite has a much more reputable & reasonable advice (per history) than the newbie LeroyDeshawnJenkins. If it were me, I'd put more weight on bwhite's comments. Go back through bwhite's post history for more info on Oroville.
After reading bradlywhites post, I called him completely wrong. The newbie is right I hate to say.

Old 06-12-2014, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartfocus View Post
Oroville is also the cheapest place to rent in all of Butte County.
Yea and more times than not in a state like CA, its cheap for a reason!

Old 06-12-2014, 12:45 PM

However, I will say they are less snobby in Oroville than in Chico or Paradise. Because there are fewer people and less wealthy people in Oroville. Less snobby means better customer service at doctor's offices, usually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento