Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 09:03 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeJeH View Post
Oh yeah? You talked to the guy that did it? He told you that he took light rail so he could shoot somebody at Downtown Plaza? Got any evidence that isn't completely circumstantial?

By the way what the hell does reverse-racism mean?
I can read and when I lived in Sacramento I took enough interest in what was then my home city to watch and listen to the news and read the morning papers.

Reverse racism? Elementary my dear CeJeH. It's the presumption that if you provide bad news regarding a so-called minority or lawbreaker you must be white and therefore you're a racist. You see, CeJeH, I read your posts too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 11:24 PM

660 posts, read 1,081,127 times
Racism is racism, it doesn't matter if it's white vs black or vice-versa. There is no such thing as reverse racism.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:30 PM

660 posts, read 1,081,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I can read and when I lived in Sacramento I took enough interest in what was then my home city to watch and listen to the news and read the morning papers.

Reverse racism? Elementary my dear CeJeH. It's the presumption that if you provide bad news regarding a so-called minority or lawbreaker you must be white and therefore you're a racist. You see, CeJeH, I read your posts too.
I mean I don't even have to say anything here. You read my posts but do you bother reading your own before clicking submit?

Old 06-15-2014, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeJeH View Post
I mean I don't even have to say anything here. You read my posts but do you bother reading your own before clicking submit?
Clearly!

Old 06-19-2014, 11:51 AM

771 posts, read 1,581,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Perhaps because it's true no matter how much deniers and reverse-racists try to wish it away.
Exactly. Instead of admitting that certain ethnic groups have rampant issues with crime - not only within their own community, but outside of it - doesn't make the problem go away.

Want 'racism' to stop? Start policing your own communities and quit blaming others for issues that you refuse to deal with in your own community. These days, its automatically assumed that if you are white and point out that portions - NOT THE ENTIRE - of the black and hispanic communities seem to have a huge problem with crime, you are committing racism and therefore have no right to your opinion. Its stupid.

Crime is crime, regardless of skin color. But there is a rampant attitude amongst some have-nots that its perfectly OK to steal from the haves.

I honestly don't care *what* your skin color or ethnicity is as long as you behave like a decent human being. If you don't wanted to be treated like a gang member, well, don't dress or act like one. Its that easy.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:57 AM

2,963 posts, read 6,260,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevelo View Post
Exactly. Instead of admitting that certain ethnic groups have rampant issues with crime - not only within their own community, but outside of it - doesn't make the problem go away.

Want 'racism' to stop? Start policing your own communities and quit blaming others for issues that you refuse to deal with in your own community. These days, its automatically assumed that if you are white and point out that portions - NOT THE ENTIRE - of the black and hispanic communities seem to have a huge problem with crime, you are committing racism and therefore have no right to your opinion. Its stupid.

Crime is crime, regardless of skin color. But there is a rampant attitude amongst some have-nots that its perfectly OK to steal from the haves.

I honestly don't care *what* your skin color or ethnicity is as long as you behave like a decent human being. If you don't wanted to be treated like a gang member, well, don't dress or act like one. Its that easy.
Why don't you just move to the bundy ranch? I can guarantee you that you will have no problems with the browns are they will likely be shot on sight approaching his ranch. And they won't be building an arena or light rail anywhere near his ranch.

Old 06-19-2014, 01:08 PM

771 posts, read 1,581,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Why don't you just move to the bundy ranch? I can guarantee you that you will have no problems with the browns are they will likely be shot on sight approaching his ranch. And they won't be building an arena or light rail anywhere near his ranch.
As I said, I don't care about the color of your SKIN. I care about your behavior.

Thug behavior should not be tolerated. Thug behavior and attitudes are why schools in inner cities and poor neighborhoods elsewhere are failing and producing more thugs.

I object to the arena because its primary purpose is to host a *privately* owned - by billionaires, no less - sports team, who have ample financial resources on their own to build it out of their own pockets without a public subsidy. I have no objections to a privately owned business using their OWN money to pay for something that has a dubious benefit at best to the public.

I object to light rail because Sacramento has never followed through and taken advantage of land development opportunities that would actually make light rail an attractive transportation opportunity. No transit system will pay for itself - ever - but light rail could be much more highly utilitized with the correct land use decisions. Sacramento has had, what, 20+ years to do something and has done... nothing.

Old 06-19-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Why, Majin, I knew were a proponent of vertical growth but I never supposed you harbored racist beliefs. I am sorely disappointed. I'd thought better of you. My bad!

Old 10-23-2014, 01:29 AM

87 posts, read 92,716 times
only one problem with the photo..

the freeway will be in grid lock due to nothing built to handle the larger number of people needing to get around.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:19 PM

4,021 posts, read 3,301,161 times
Are there any major housing projects expected to go into the area surrounding the Arena? If so, I think that would change the nature of the area around the arena, otherwise I think the area immediately around the arena is probably going to be a little dead, even worse than the dying mall it is replacing. There are only 41 home games for the Kings in an average year and even those are probably just for a couple of hours. On most days for most of the year, the arena is going to be a huge mostly empty space in what should be a prime part of downtown which the region will be stuck with for the next 20 years and until it gets torn down and rebuilt someplace else.

Now if the arena attracts a bunch of condo projects, than my prediction will be wrong. But count me in the group of people who think people will later wonder why exactly did we move this from Natomas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento