Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 03:54 PM

245 posts, read 608,121 times

Advertisements

I was in the parking lot of Panera in Citrus Heights. I waited for a woman in a large pick-up truck to back out. After she began, another woman in a Toyota Sienna LE minivan also backed out from the other row. I saw they were going to collide, but I did NOTHING. For that 1/2 second when I knew they were going to collide, I was in shock, knowing what was coming. There was little or no damage to the truck, but the bumper and rear lift gate of the minivan were smashed in, and the rear window completely shattered and glass was everywhere.

Two women in their 40's got out and were nice and exchanged information. They were laughing: "Oh we each backed into each other!". A Panera employee got a broom and swept up the glass.

Did I cause the accident by not doing anything to prevent it? If I had another second, I would have honked, but I panicked, watching them. I am sitting in Panera, and still am in shock 30 minutes later.

And is there a local Citrus Heights blog I can report this to? I live in the Pleasant Hill area, and we have a local blog, CLAYCORD.com which covers news and gossip for Concord, Clayton, Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill, and Martinez. Whenever there is an accident there, the roving band of citizens send in pictures and videos.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 03:58 PM

762 posts, read 2,030,980 times
They werent using their mirrors. Nobody got hurt. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Old 06-30-2014, 04:06 PM

Thanks for being so positive hydro! I will!

Old 06-30-2014, 04:09 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,559,613 times
Overthinking it there mileena. Just glad no one was hurt or anything. I can imagine being in your shoes though, you're like eeekkk is it going to happen -- CRASSHHH --- oh crap it did!!

I don't think it sounds blog-worthy though...

Old 06-30-2014, 04:10 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,262,793 times
Great story.

Would read again.

A+++++++++++++++

Old 06-30-2014, 04:24 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,999,002 times
@mileena.....I think we've ALL experienced that debilitating momentary shock that you mention. I know that I have. Thanks for sharing your story, and know that I have only compassion for you.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:16 PM

914 posts, read 2,919,423 times
mileena, you're obviously a kind, caring person. This minor accident affected you deeply and it is heartwarming to know there are nice people like you out there- strangers who want to help others, and feel for them in their suffering. God bless you!

Old 06-30-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Great story.

Would read again.

A+++++++++++++++
LOL. You're right. Actually, your post made my day. :-)

(I tend to make mountains out of molehills)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
Overthinking it there mileena. Just glad no one was hurt or anything. I can imagine being in your shoes though, you're like eeekkk is it going to happen -- CRASSHHH --- oh crap it did!!

I don't think it sounds blog-worthy though...
Having some time to reflect, you are also right. Wow, I tend to get hyper over the littlest things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
@mileena.....I think we've ALL experienced that debilitating momentary shock that you mention. I know that I have. Thanks for sharing your story, and know that I have only compassion for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4home View Post
mileena, you're obviously a kind, caring person. This minor accident affected you deeply and it is heartwarming to know there are nice people like you out there- strangers who want to help others, and feel for them in their suffering. God bless you!
Thank you CosmicWizard and looking4home. I'm all calmed downed now, and laughing about this after I've had a chance for reflection. Thank you for caring and hearing me out!

Old 06-30-2014, 05:33 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,999,002 times
mileena wrote: I'm all calmed downed now, and laughing about this after I've had a chance for reflection.

Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility" ~James Thurber~

Old 06-30-2014, 06:40 PM

143 posts, read 406,698 times
Seems like the only person who got bothered by that accident was actually... you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento