Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2007, 09:10 PM

43 posts, read 161,632 times

Advertisements

For some people like me Heaven would be a nice clean apartment,a medical marjuana card, and a living wage entry level job without drug testing discrimination....but I know thats a tall order so I'd be willing to settle for less if I could just get my medicine without strings attached(will explain later), I'm sure I would be able to do great in Sacramento with the above in place....believe it or not,I already live in a medical marijuana state (Seattle WA) and have a great job that pays well (public employment) but subjects me to random drug testing which sucks big time but thats just the way it is for me now...I was a young and invincible when I signed my privacy rights away to my current employer...OH well...too bad for me...anyway...

Now let me get back to the medical marijuana with no strings attached issue
I mentioned above...Here In Seattle we have some of the most liberal laws on the books for medical marijuana or even recreational for that matter...BUT....even if a person is able to find a doctor to recomend Medical MJ there will still be a problem finding a source,connection,clinic,club,friend etc for a reliable source of daily medication....and belive me when I say that NO person,community,org will show any sympathy,love,merit based recogntion what so ever for the new medi MJ paitent....its as if one has to sell his/her soul for help.... I have even offered my time and energy as a volunteer for the cause but its as if people already involved in the movement have very secret personal agendas and don't want the movement to rise above anything more than a subculture.....alot of people are very lonely closet control freaks here....I will let you fill in the blanks as to the rest.

My question is:

Is there a genuine,open,non biased,medical marijuanna community in SAC?

Last edited by Hbud; 12-18-2007 at 09:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 08:45 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times
Regardless of the wishes of the majority of the citizens, medical marijuana users and vendors are actively prosecuted in Sacramento.

Just in the last week it was announced that the property of landlords who rent to medical marijuana stores would be seized by the government under the federal narcotics laws.

Old 12-19-2007, 02:57 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,302,067 times
Calaveras County doesn't actively go out and pursue and the Sheriff issues cards. The Sheriff will also gladly prosecute you if you break the rules. We almost had a clinic in the county seat, but the Planning department couldn't figure out if it was a permissible use. I think the proponent bailed on the concept.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Regardless of the wishes of the majority of the citizens, medical marijuana users and vendors are actively prosecuted in Sacramento.

Just in the last week it was announced that the property of landlords who rent to medical marijuana stores would be seized by the government under the federal narcotics laws.

We shall overcome some day....untill then I just wish people would not be so afraid to talk about the Medical Marijuana issue since the issue is relevant to so many things in life....for me the issue is relevant to relocation because when I leave my current employer and random drug testing here In WA I need to make sure I'm in the area thats right for me healthwise, also I'm surprised to find that the Medical MJ subject is not brought up more often here on this great site of valuable relocation information.....medical MJ info is SO relevant to relocation for many people, and is a matter of public concern...and not illegal to talk about whatsoever...its legal in 12 states for heavens sake...ANYWAY...i just want to take this oppourtunity to say thank
you to the great people of the great state of CA for thier pioneering of this issue so that people like me can speak about the issue as a medical issue,and not just a "stoner" issue.

Thanks peeps!!

Old 12-19-2007, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
Calaveras County doesn't actively go out and pursue and the Sheriff issues cards. The Sheriff will also gladly prosecute you if you break the rules. We almost had a clinic in the county seat, but the Planning department couldn't figure out if it was a permissible use. I think the proponent bailed on the concept.

Next time right!! In the meantime thank you for that bit of information..ya know, its funny to me that when I read about Medical MJ in CA from various
sources, that it just seems from what I read that CA has got this medical MJ issue all figured out...I wonder how many other people think the sane thing from what they read about CA also...I'm just so greatfull for this site and the information a person can learn about whats important to them BEFORE they relocate...THANKS City-Data !! much love to ya

Old 12-20-2007, 04:16 PM

216 posts, read 376,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbud View Post
Is there a genuine,open,non biased,medical marijuanna community in SAC?
I know that several of the hotels in Carmel (south of San Jose)
allowed you to smoke if you had a note from your doctor.
So maybe that area is more open to the idea.

In most urban areas I'm guessing it will not be tolerated. If it
were, then people would flock there as a haven and while most
smokers can handle the situation, others cannot and the burden and fiscal
cost will fall on the town to look after them. I'm not advocating for
or again medical marijuanna just stating things from a fiscal
perspective.

Old 12-23-2007, 12:25 AM

463 posts, read 646,563 times
Sacramento is open to medical users, its the federal government that is not

Old 12-29-2007, 08:17 PM

16 posts, read 63,416 times
Default medical marijuana

Heck, look on Craig's list in Sacramento. I came across an ad for Medical Marijuana when looking for plants for my garden. Had to look twice and sure enough there is an ad for it and I don't know how they can do it, but I would call that real liberal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento