U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 01:19 PM

759 posts, read 1,740,506 times

Advertisements

I heard a rumor that there is a costco coming to auburn. Anybody know about this?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 09:54 AM

1,149 posts, read 1,042,431 times
Yep -- Costco bought a bunch of county land near Bell & 49. It's now old WWII-era buildings. They haven't broken ground yet & I'm not sure about the timeline. Local citizens groups are upset because the community theater and the senior center have been displaced.

Old 08-01-2014, 02:15 PM

5,102 posts, read 8,331,843 times
Proposed Auburn Costco Terms Under Review - News Roseville, CA and Placer County, California

Old 08-05-2014, 12:29 AM

523 posts, read 1,121,646 times
Looks like it will be good revenue for the County. I haven't seen the entitlement application materials yet. Looks like an interesting site they're going to build on.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:06 PM

529 posts, read 725,211 times
While it may appear good for the economy and more jobs, look at the insane traffic there now. If this comes in and if Michaels does, forget it. The traffic will be just as bad as Roseville to where it would make most sense living there.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:35 AM

168 posts, read 201,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCountry80 View Post
While it may appear good for the economy and more jobs, look at the insane traffic there now. If this comes in and if Michaels does, forget it. The traffic will be just as bad as Roseville to where it would make most sense living there.
So it makes more sense to have a sole Roseville location that is so overloaded from the foothill folks and surrounding areas? I think an Auburn location would be great.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:12 AM

Quote:
I agree the traffic sucks. However, it would be better for Auburn to have services & products available locally. Growth is inevitable. Hopefully, it will be smart growth. But don't hold your breath since this is the corrupt state capital.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma99a View Post
So it makes more sense to have a sole Roseville location that is so overloaded from the foothill folks and surrounding areas? I think an Auburn location would be great.
I guess if you like memberships to shop in bulk and tons of crowds its good, but I liked a really underrated place not many people mention and there is none other than Sacramento and in Portland, but Cash N Carry. Auburn should get one of those. I never been to a Smart and Final but rumor has it they are just like one of those type places where you shop in bulk without the membership fees.

I think stuff like that should stay in Roseville as jobs really won't be created out here just because they add one of those. I see they also opened up Moe's in Auburn but wow they been open less than a month and so many bad reviews on Yelp. Its amazing. One Togo's closed I believe also. Strings may be closing so ya, Costco might be added, but look at how many other things will be subtracted.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
I agree the traffic sucks. However, it would be better for Auburn to have services & products available locally. Growth is inevitable. Hopefully, it will be smart growth. But don't hold your breath since this is the corrupt state capital.
It would be yes, but if the cost is too much, I'd rather just keep it the same and look for somewhere else to live when the time is right if its that much of a problem. I know theres shopping options that aren't really so great for groceries though and for some reason, I don't like that Grocery Outlet much or the Bel Air, or the Raleys. I don't know what it is but the food stores out here are just a hassle to get in and out of. I find that in other cities and towns I lived in, it was much easier to get in and out and my will to do it was more plentiful. I don't know if its me but Auburn just seems like a pain in the ass to go places in. Ikeda's is highly overrated I know that. Machado's I haven't really been in but hear they're cheaper.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:48 PM

Quote:
I guess if you like memberships to shop in bulk and tons of crowds its good, but I liked a really underrated place not many people mention and there is none other than Sacramento and in Portland, but Cash N Carry. Auburn should get one of those. I never been to a Smart and Final but rumor has it they are just like one of those type places where you shop in bulk without the membership fees.
I have. It's bleh. S&F has a limited inventory. They seem to cater to restaurants. You can get all the same type of stuff from Sam's Club. Have you been to the Koreana (asian) market in Rancho Cordova? You should check it out. www

Why don't you open a Cash N Carry franchise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento