Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2014, 11:33 AM

1 posts, read 859 times

Advertisements

Hi We placed a deposit for a new house in community that started development in May 2014. We have started the loan process which is expected to close Sept 19th. The issue is that the community is not selling homes. They offered us a $50K discount on the house we purchased because the house was ready to go and no buyers. Now they are offering another house in the community with the same floor plan even 10K cheaper than what we paid.

I like our lot so I don't mind paying the 10K extra for it, but my question is that if prices continue to fall lower in the community over the next few weeks, I'll be uncomfortable moving forward. What are my options at that point?

I figure if I pull out I'd loose my deposit. What other financial charges might apply? Any insight and advice would be great. Is just doesn't feel good when you buying something and within weeks others are buying it much cheaper than you. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 11:57 AM

3,720 posts, read 9,999,504 times
Read the contract, that has the builder recourse if you cancel. And yes, you are most likely to lose your deposit. Talk to a lawyer before cancelling. There might be terms in the contract with which you can cancel without recourse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento