Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2014, 11:16 PM

2 posts, read 2,042 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I have an 8 years autistic kid. planning to move to Sacramento. please any advice for best school districts. also areas to live.

Thank you
Jana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 11:34 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,837,240 times
First, in order to provide you with meaningful information, please provide the following info:

- Buying or renting
- Budget or price
- Employment situation and location
- School consideration
- Pets (especially those considering rentals)
- Urban, suburban or rural preference
- Need or desire for public transportation

As for which schools are the best, see GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community

As far as autistic services, I would recommend that you check out the UC Davis MIND Institute

Old 09-16-2014, 02:02 PM

2 posts, read 2,042 times
Thank you so much for providing me with these information, I am looking to rent first and ten buy. I just need to know the area first.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:57 PM

23 posts, read 29,777 times
I don't know if your child will be attending any special school for autism but there are some recognized schools for autistic children in the link below. I believe your choice of your kid's school will impact your decision on where in Sacramento to live. If you know where that is and also your job location, people on the board can help you narrow your search and help you avoid bad neighborhoods at least.

Recognized Schools for Children with Autism | The Best Schools

Old 09-25-2014, 11:40 PM

527 posts, read 1,323,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jana08 View Post
Hello,

I have an 8 years autistic kid. planning to move to Sacramento. please any advice for best school districts. also areas to live.

Thank you
Jana.
By that statement do you mean just the City of Sacramento? Or do you mean the Sacramento area in general, meaning either within the city limits of the City of Sacramento, the outlying unincorporated areas of Sacramento County, and(or) it's surrounding Cities? There are hundreds of neighborhoods that may qualify as "areas to live" by your initial post, so you need to narrow it down a little to help better.

Old 09-27-2014, 01:46 AM

762 posts, read 2,029,902 times
Hmm- you don't seem to be getting any help. I hate to answer question I am short on knowledge about, but wth
I am going to give a guess here:
Rocklin, Folsom, el do hills, roseville. I don't know where especially good autism program is, but I imagine that nosing around the various districts in these places would likely be fruitful. There's also fair oaks and Carmichael. Maybe Elk Grove, Lincoln, natomas if u are on a budget
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento