Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 10:08 PM

702 posts, read 2,514,762 times

Advertisements

CW68 thanks so much for the information. It's really helpful. I am surprised your sisters didn't move West with you. All my family is here, but my dad's brother and his kids are in the Bay area and one of my cousins is in Roseville. They can't wait for us to move out there. Neither can we after all this snow. We are soooooo over it!

Sal - I think more snow is coming Thursday evening and early Friday when our flight is (7:25 a.m.). You should be fine. Maybe we'll run into you - you'll hear our Chicago accents LOL! Although I don't think we have accents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 10:29 AM

325 posts, read 1,468,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidreemer View Post
CW68 thanks so much for the information. It's really helpful. I am surprised your sisters didn't move West with you. All my family is here, but my dad's brother and his kids are in the Bay area and one of my cousins is in Roseville. They can't wait for us to move out there. Neither can we after all this snow. We are soooooo over it!

Sal - I think more snow is coming Thursday evening and early Friday when our flight is (7:25 a.m.). You should be fine. Maybe we'll run into you - you'll hear our Chicago accents LOL! Although I don't think we have accents.
My sister's are too attached to family to move. They do like to come visit, however. My bro-in-law in Madison has been emailing me for weeks that the weather stinks, he hates it and wants to get the heck outta dodge, but they're "trapped" there for a few more years until he gets his 20 years in with the county for good retirement in a warm climate. They are coming in a few weeks.

I have a few cousins out here, but haven't seen them in the years I've lived west. My family's huge and I'm not close with everyone. I have over 40 cousins!

Old 02-16-2008, 12:41 PM

325 posts, read 1,468,014 times
Calidreemer, have you looked at buying a lot and building a modular home?

Old 02-16-2008, 10:53 PM

Hi CW68 - no we have not. We are in town now and have run around like crazy today. We just got back from dinner in EDH. We love EDH but were very disappointed in Lennar. We looked at some other models in Roseville, which we aren't considering, and liked the models there better. The ones in Blackstone don't seem to be as upgraded as some of the other homes we looked at. We saw some in Whitney Ranch in Rocklin that we really liked, but I have to say we love the views from EDH. It's kind of frustrating to know you like an area and not be able to find the house.

My CST is catching up with me. I have to get to bed. Good night!

Sal - I hope you are doing well on your hunt!

Old 02-17-2008, 10:37 PM

29 posts, read 124,354 times
In EDH, you may want to look at a few houses other brand new ones. There's some very nice houses available in various subdivisions, such as Serrano, if you aren't wedded to buying a brand new home from a developer.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:15 AM

527 posts, read 1,315,340 times
Quote:

how often do you plan on coming out here until you find the home your looking for? You are in the right area, I guess it will just take some time. And sorry to hear about Lennar. What parts of Rocklin did you look at other than whitney ranch? There has got to be something in EDH, there are a ton of homes for sale up there.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:17 PM

Hi - we are really kind of limited in our choices because we want a solar home. We went back and looked at Lennar again and thought the Meridian was our best choice for what we are looking for. We thought about retro-fitting an existing home with solar, but then we are looking at $30 -50K (we've been told) and we would really like to install a pool. I don't think we can do both, so we will most likely go with Lennar unless another option comes up. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Hi - we are really kind of limited in our choices because we want a solar home. We went back and looked at Lennar again and thought the Meridian was our best choice for what we are looking for. We thought about retro-fitting an existing home with solar, but then we are looking at $30 -50K (we've been told) and we would really like to install a pool. I don't think we can do both, so we will most likely go with Lennar unless another option comes up. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Since it seems you two are sincerely looking at settling on the hills of edh, I would go with solar retrofit. Since you have found homes that suite you well enough in location you wanted, then making that solar investment would be a wise decision. From what I read I get the impression a solar retro-fit is somewhat more important to you than a pool right now. What streets are the Lennar homes at again? I'd like to take a look.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:55 AM

Hi Rob - the Lennar homes are in Blackstone off of Latrobe. We also like the close proximity to shopping and 50. You can see the models on their website. All of their homes in this development are solar.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:51 PM

i'm sorry I forgot, I was thinking for some reason that you were looking at different houses that were more on the hills, isn't blackstone on a relatively flat area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento