Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 03:44 PM

3 posts, read 15,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead i Side Show View Post
Don't like gangs, and the people here, then you're MORE than welcomed to leave- go to Europe
Yes, if only it were that easy! I really like many of the people I've met from the UK and Europe and feel I'd fit in there. However, you can't easily move to another country unless you are fleeing governmental oppression or have a highly valued skill (doctor, etc.) or have a lot of money. So yes, if you know of an easy and legal way to do it please let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 12:56 PM

2 posts, read 39,931 times
you misinterpreted it its not for him calling me or anyone else stupid. What I meant when i said laughing at me is that he said that'd he'd laugh in our faces thats a direct insult. We're all a little bit ignorant but who are you or anyone else for that matter to say who is because obviously you and everyone else out there are very ignorant of the gang problem you guys cant fix it only we can the police have made this into a circle that keeps repeating it self and everytime it comes around it gets worse we need to help eachother instead of fighting and thinking were better then eachother because we aint. All sins but two are equal in Gods eyes if you kill someone its no different then any other sin adultery, lieing, etc. Ya'll need to syop hating us and we need to stop hating you and we need to work together to make this world better. we all have something to contribute. One love for all.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:53 PM

4 posts, read 13,905 times
You will find gangs in every socioeconomic class and neighborhood and you won't even know it most of the time.
If you want crime statistics in areas go to the local Police Department website as they do post statistics.
I have kids to and want to protect them, but its not just gangs you need to worry about sometimes you have to worry about your own family.......if you know what I mean.
You are too much of a worry wart to want to know specifically which location. They are everywhere and the young ones are smart enough now not to tattoo themselves. Many work legit jobs, some even have family who work for law enforcement, attorneys, doctors, etc. Just live your life and quit worrying about what could be or OMG that person looks like they are a criminal.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:54 PM

1 posts, read 6,732 times
North sacramento gangs....Del paso heights nortenos(dpn), elm street(bloods/Heights Area),El Camino crips (ECC/Elcamino westgate area),Hmong NAtional Society(flats area)(Hns),HOwe PArk Surenos(Hps/Howepark area),Angelino heights(AHTS/Arcade Area),BrownPrideSurenos(spread),Varrio gardenland(VGL/400block gardeland),RVN(Alamo street),Varrio northside(vns/behind san jose church),V-NorthGate,LGC,Toungan crip gang,SOS,MANOR MOB,

Old 12-08-2011, 02:23 AM

1 posts, read 6,531 times
To the valley high kid that cant spell>>>>>>>>Somebody from elm st must of kick that ass!!!!You talk bad about them,but i bet when you seen them you hide winnie boy!!!!!

Old 03-06-2012, 11:14 PM

1 posts, read 6,306 times
Im da SouthSacValleyHi bruh,I moved out from SAC-TOWN,damn imma miss it but as bd as it is der,its still was my home.I hope my city get better though.much love.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:00 PM

491 posts, read 1,261,669 times
I do agree with the poster who said that they usually they won't bother you if you mind your own business, but it's always been the "innocent bystander" situation that bugs me about the whole gang thing.

About a year ago, we had three kids killed in an otherwise normal looking front yard about three blocks from where I live in Rancho. Now, this was clearly gang related, but what is scary is that it was essentially a fire fight with both sides exchanging gun fire. So, I could see myself drinking coffee and reading the paper in my front living room and then having a stray bullet make a mess of my brains.

That's what scares me about the gang situation and the local media seems intent on giving the problem as little air time as possible, probably because of pressure from the real estate agents who don't like people to know how randomly dangerous the metro Sac area really is. It's hard to move houses in ANY neighborhood that has gang activity and apparently these people think the less said in the press, the better.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:45 AM

1 posts, read 6,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigEloc29 View Post
im from sactown now stay in okc i grow up n 29th.street were it was wild cripin is all i know back then now i got my life on the right track i talk to kids about gangs.some people don't understand what young people go throw out here n the real world.im 39yr old grow man with 5 kids been lock up in did 10yr in the california bull**** prison.i lost a brother in gangworld in another one in prison.so what people need to start doin is help the young people and stop talkn down on them because it can be ur kids in the cross fire
I like your post it makes sense to those of us who have ganged banged in the past. The problem I see all the time is that people who have no sense of the gang life by either working with kids to help them or being one themselves tend to talk down upon and make fun of their lives. Now I'm not saying that gang banging is ok but not doing anything to help change these kids lives is just as bad in my eyes. The harsh truth is that these problems are usually family oriented and make it hard for communities and law enforcement to fix them. What these kids really need are older mentors who have a sense of the life and can help them to change without judging them.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:52 PM
THV

1 posts, read 5,585 times
it doesnt matter were you live theres always problems and valley hi dude there is no such thing as true heights villan its called town house villan which is plaza bloods which is were im from

2 3 money gang all M's Dph Bloods

Old 03-20-2013, 11:23 AM

137 posts, read 344,739 times
Since this thread probably will come back every few months till the end of time... There have been some very interesting interviews on the radio in the past year about gangs in Chicago neighborhoods. Here's a link (transcript/17 min audio) to one of them. There were also some related to a film called The Interruptors:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS5Hjhy1RhM]
Good resources for anyone who wants to take an opportunity to try to expand their perspective.

For instance take this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post
ValleyHi guy was listing gang territory in his area. Typically when pigs, dogs, or any wild animal come into an area they like to mark their territory. They mark it by urinating on whatever objects in the surrounding area.

I really don't understand the mentality of gangs. There is nothing beneficial to it at all. Gang members don't have your back, you will never be financially stable, and everyone understand you are the blight of society. You have nothing to gain by joining a gang.
It's hard to understand people when you describe them as animals. Being in a gang does not make someone subhuman.

Someone has to be willing to be the first one to give respect, and we are in a better position to be that someone than a gang member because we have the advantage of a certain type of upbringing and a certain level of education. Having a gun or a knife doesn't make a gang member powerful. Having the ability to get a job and have control over your own life - that makes you and me powerful. But telling someone how great it is to be educated is not educating anybody. It's just throwing our privilege in someone's face. As the powerful ones, we have an obligation to be the first to give respect, and that means not discounting someone else's perspective from the start.

It's obvious what happens when we, the people with the power and the privilege, don't make a choice to be the first to give respect. Anyone can read about it right here in this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29st View Post
Yeah, well these people are trying to help you guys and all you do is make fun of them. ... You stereotype us as stupid ignorant people but if you saw me walking down the street you wouldn't even know I was a gang member. ... You guys don't know what that life is like and I bet that if you lived how I did or they did when we were young than you wouldn't survive, because it's bad out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValleyHiSouthSac916 View Post
man *** you guys,all i did was try and help you out,then you go and say that stupid ****.ridicule me ... you already know i wouldnt give a damn,inocent or not cause the way you describe us,it seems we're to stupid to know right or wrong.thats whats wrong with you people,always looking down on us and expect respect in return?
You don't get something for nothing. Being clean and educated and employed is great but those are things you do for yourself after taking care of being fed and housed. You want to get respect, you have to give it. You want to get safety in your neighborhood, you have to make safety in your neighborhood, not just for yourself. And safety means people are fed and housed and respected, so they can have the privilege of working on being clean and educated and employed. One comes before the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento