Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 12:55 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,306,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I don't think this tragic incident has anything to do with Arden not being safe; it has more to do with the clientele who frequent Motel 6 and other budget hotels and that goes for those hotels in any city almost anywhere in the country..
Fair enough, but I just think its a real stretch to argue that this has anything to do with downtown or midtown. There is no evidence that the people involved in this event had any connection with either of those neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 01:28 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,341,277 times
I wonder where this maniac was living?

Old 10-26-2014, 03:11 PM

264 posts, read 413,873 times
Suspect was deported twice before, history of drugs and petty crime, and also uses a lot of Facebook.

Quote:
Draper said that for the past three years, she has been in contact with Monroy only through Facebook. She said she occasionally “likes” Monroy’s postings and that she has seen that Monroy has played assorted games on the social networking site.

Read more here: Feds say Sacramento shooting suspect was deported twice, had drug conviction | The Sacramento Bee
Maybe they got frustrated with Candy Crush Saga and went into a rage. Random tragedy sells papers.

Old 10-26-2014, 06:43 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,841,862 times
Well this is interesting:

Quote:
A man suspected of killing two deputies during a shooting rampage in Northern California was deported twice to Mexico and had a drug conviction, federal authorities said Saturday.

The suspected shooter told Sacramento County Sheriff's investigators that he was 34-year-old Marcelo Marquez of Salt Lake City. However, his fingerprints match the biometric records of a Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte in a federal database, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokeswoman Virginia Kice said
Suspect who gunned down deputies was deported to Mexico twice | Daily Mail Online

Old 10-26-2014, 08:35 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,510,983 times
Yeah, immigration control and border security mega-fail. We already knew that though when one out of ten Mexicans is residing within this country illegally (not to mention untold millions of Guatemalans, Hondurans and Salvadoreans).

Old 10-26-2014, 10:08 PM

528 posts, read 867,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeJeH View Post
20 years ago the crime rate in Sacramento was at an all time high. The city logged 95 murders in 1992 back when the city had 370,000 people. Now the city has closer to 500,000 residents and we haven't cracked even 40 murders in like 3 or 4 years.

The city is a lot safer now than it was 20 years ago.
If that's the case its in deep caca. It was never a desirable place is what this translates to. Just better than Fresno but that's about it.. right ?

Old 10-26-2014, 10:09 PM

698 posts, read 798,076 times
After the Sacramento killing spree...the assasins came here.

We lost one Sheriff, while another Sheriff was injured by being shot in the arm

http://www.auburnjournal.com/article...-deputy-deaths

Old 10-26-2014, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthTeller1954 View Post
I lived in midtown for 20 years and it has definitely gotten more violent. Too many bars cause lots of fights. There are rapes in midtown especially on second Saturday when lots of boozing and partying happens. The homeless problem with aggressive pan handling is much worse. I remember back in 1994 when I paid half the rent I pay now and it seemed so much quieter like a village in midtown.

I suppose comparedmto north highlands and parts of south sac midtown seems safe, but I walk with mace even in the daytime.
And Sadly its more expensive to live in such a juvenile city than it is to live in a nicer southern city. The south will be the wave of the future when a lot of other places go potty. Saying Sac is cheap next to SF still doesn't make it cheap. Its still expensive and this is the crap people gotta put up with even closer into the city. No wonder why some people opt for the North Highlands for even cheaper.. It just doesn't matter where you live around the area. Theft in Midtown is certainly high. Nobody can dispute it. Some places may look charming but it fades over time.
My favorite areas of the Sac region are Arden Arcade and East Sacramento, possibly Land Park. The rest are really patchy and I am including outer Sac areas also.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:13 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
hang him but give him a fair trial more than have gave the 2 cops.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
Now that just figures doesn't it? CA just keeps letting them in and letting them in.. What do you expect?! And they don't all want to assimilate in, they are racist as hell also. Whites here can be racist, they can be racist, no wonder the area gets a bad rap.. ALL the races for the most part hate one another.. its just nicer and more silent out here than it is in L.A.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento