Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 12:19 AM

168 posts, read 907,898 times

Advertisements

Anybody live in Fair Oaks? What do you think of it? I've lived in the Sac area for a long time and I always thought FO had a good reputation, but I don't know if that's still true. Has it changed? Is there much crime?

One reason I like it is because of the homes. I've looked at a lot of homes in the greater Sac area and FO has some of the most unique and interesting houses. The lots seem to be larger than your average lot and most have abundant, mature landscaping, too.

So what's your opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2007, 10:42 AM

3,176 posts, read 14,701,853 times
Some parts of Fair Oaks are very nice - some parts (the north towards El Camino) aren't

I like Fair Oaks and the schools are top notch

Old 06-03-2007, 02:06 PM

168 posts, read 907,898 times
Default Thanks CityGirl72

I know the east and south boundaries are the American River. Could you give me west and north boundaries (streets) where FO becomes less desirable?

Old 06-03-2007, 05:32 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,701,853 times
Default Fair oaks boundries

TO ME - so INHO

American River Canyon area is part of the "nice" Fair Oaks area

So the west border is going to be Howe (Since the other side of Howe is Sac State)

TO ME - there are two north borders. Fair Oaks Blvd is the top north border for American River Canyon and all the fancy houses

Then there the "second part" of Fair Oaks that goes up north to El Camino - the closer you go to El camino the worse it is...so closer to Fair Oaks Blvd is good!

South is easy - because the community/neighborhood bumps up to the American River.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:40 PM

832 posts, read 3,853,682 times
The closest to the river and the old town part of Fair Oaks is GREAT. Complete with live chickens, a great coffee house, vegetarian restaurant, and walking to the river, over the bridge. Its wonderful

Old 06-05-2007, 04:20 PM

179 posts, read 768,750 times
I'm on the Carmichael/FO border and love it. I love Old Town F.O. (like a PP said...the Sunflower Drive-In veggie restaurant is AWESOME!). There are some super cute houses on Lincoln Oaks and surrounding streets for sale right now. Great neighborhood and very affordable for the F.O. area!!

Old 09-13-2007, 06:32 PM

12 posts, read 52,660 times
El Camino isnt in Fair Oaks, its in Carmichael. The river is on the south, east is somewhere near where Madison and Greenback merge.. there abouts, north depends on which part of town, Madison Ave is about the cut off, the other side is Citrus Heights and west, Im thinking its before you get to Manzanita (Fair Oaks Blvd). My daughter went to Del Campo and not far west down Winding way the addresses start having Carmichael zips.

I LOVE FAIR OAKS. I have only been in this house for 6 years but the Sacto area for 25 and this is the best community, great parks, great schools, smaller town feel and VERY established (translated that means theres alot of ivy to cut back every year). I adore Old Fair Oaks Village. Nice business people there. The sunflower is owned by my friends Dad and Mom. I get my hair cut at a salon there, I bank there, wash my car there... Cant say enough about it.

The houses are more expensive now than when I bought my house 6 years ago... JUST in time, within 6 months our house had grown almost 40% more equity. There are still homes to be found. We bought this as a fixer and have done a dramatic turn around with it. Most homes here were built in the 50's, 60's and many of them still need TLC

Old 09-14-2007, 08:36 AM

375 posts, read 1,725,719 times
It's still a nice area with a good reputation.
Most of the FO homes hold their value. Some nice areas and good schools.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:31 PM
spg

1 posts, read 6,808 times
Default Fair Oaks Village

I grew up in Fair Oaks, I lived in Fair Oaks Village near the cliffs of the American River. It was a magical and beautiful place for a child to grow up. Of corse, it was the 70's which made it even safer, with less people, etc. I would say it was heaven then! The Old Town area in Fair Oaks Village is historically preserved and restored, it has quaint shops and very nice people.

Fair Oaks Village still has charm and the homes are beautiful, the hills and tree's are unlike anywhere else. Most of all, the privacy could not be compared to anything else except maybe a gated community? Some of the oaks tree's are over a hundred years old, the lush greenery and hills is what makes Fair Oaks village different from anywhere else. If you plan to move there, I would not recommend outside of actual Fair Oaks Village, if you want your home's value to grow. Fair Oaks Village. Is a much desired area and the homes tend to sell fast regardless of the market. Have dinner at the Slocum House Restaurant before you look at houses, and you will have a great idea of what it is like there.

Old 08-16-2008, 01:34 PM

20 posts, read 105,793 times
Hi,

I still couldn't find the crime rate info on the internet for the area around the Mira Loma high (close to Edison + Eastern Ave). The police reports seemed not updated, and not enough info. If you're living around that area, or know it well, I'd really appreciate your info on its crime rate.

Thanks and Regards,
Duong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento