Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 12:06 PM

11 posts, read 20,451 times

Advertisements

Thinking about moving to Sacramento from Minnesota really want to avoid gang activity. My wife and I took a trip to last summer to check out the suburbs and Rocklin seemed pretty quiet but all everybody kept saying was crime has no address which was kind of annoying (just give a straight answer). We are trying to decide in Rocklin far enough from the BS or should we move out to Lincoln? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2014, 12:59 PM

168 posts, read 240,702 times
I live in Rocklin and it is super safe. Don't feel scared at all walking at night. No gang activity here and is one of the safest cities in CA.

Old 12-14-2014, 07:05 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,837,240 times
Crime exists in every city. I believe it has been mentioned there on the Sacramento forum that there is drug crime out there, even in Lincoln. But it certainly doesn't come anywhere close to some of the more well known areas in Sacramento in terms of gang activity.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:45 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,571,969 times
Gangs are affluent in Rocklin/Roseville. You will find them at the Fountains mall speaking fluent Russian. Russian gangs wearing designer clothes, throwing up gang signs to the baristas with two fingers to signal the number of espresso shots in their Capuccino.

There is also the soccer mom click. The worst of all. Over-caffenated and often in a hurry, these moms will stop at nothing to find the perfect parking spot. They do not do drive by's. They do run overs. As in, get the eft out of my way I am driving this escalade that my husband just bought me last month and don't even think of trying to walk in this grocery store parking lot with your shopping cart or I will run you over - biotch.

In all seriousness, you have nothing to worry about. Unless you are afraid of milque toast looking 45 year old men in polo shirts and khakis. I don't even want to go there.

Old 12-31-2014, 01:59 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,837,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacite View Post
Gangs are affluent in Rocklin/Roseville. You will find them at the Fountains mall speaking fluent Russian. Russian gangs wearing designer clothes, throwing up gang signs to the baristas with two fingers to signal the number of espresso shots in their Capuccino.
This is funny! I've never heard/seen that in Rocklin/Roseville. In Sacramento near the Russian medical clinic, absolutely. I joined them drinking espresso every time i visited. Yum.

Old 12-31-2014, 12:12 PM

771 posts, read 1,581,405 times
Now, you will see white teenagers in Rocklin/Roseville wearing baggy pants shirts and baseball hats, but they belong to the Gang of Affluent Parents Who Have Given Up Dictating What Their Teens Wear.

Old 01-02-2015, 02:39 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,007,016 times
Any teenager who lets their parents dictate what they wear, is probably living a miserable existence.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:45 PM

128 posts, read 372,739 times
I lived in Roseville for a year and did not once see gang activity. Rocklin is even nicer so I doubt you'll have any issues there.

Old 01-05-2015, 11:48 PM

527 posts, read 1,323,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCSW View Post
Thinking about moving to Sacramento from Minnesota really want to avoid gang activity. My wife and I took a trip to last summer to check out the suburbs and Rocklin seemed pretty quiet but all everybody kept saying was crime has no address which was kind of annoying (just give a straight answer). We are trying to decide in Rocklin far enough from the BS or should we move out to Lincoln? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Yeah Rocklin's been pretty insulated from noticeable gang activity in the traditional sense. If it does exist I haven't seen it (lived there many years), or its more drug related and kept indoors. Wouldn't worry about it.

Old 01-06-2015, 01:01 AM

914 posts, read 2,918,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacite View Post

There is also the soccer mom click. The worst of all. Over-caffenated and often in a hurry, these moms will stop at nothing to find the perfect parking spot. They do not do drive by's. They do run overs. As in, get the eft out of my way I am driving this escalade that my husband just bought me last month and don't even think of trying to walk in this grocery store parking lot with your shopping cart or I will run you over - biotch.

In all seriousness, you have nothing to worry about. Unless you are afraid of milquetoast looking 45 year old men in polo shirts and khakis. I don't even want to go there.
This is the funniest post I've read on here in a long time! Thanks for making me laugh. But I must add that often times the milquetoast 45 yr old men will have grizzled goatees to give them a dangerous edginess that the soccer moms in the Escalades adore. .

Seriously though, there is crime everywhere. Just last year, there was a gang-related shoot-out in Roseville that made national headlines. But Rocklin is safe - boring, but safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento