Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2015, 05:31 PM

4 posts, read 11,701 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We are looking at moving to Folsom. I was wondering if anyone knows about the commute times from Folsom to Roseville. I would be leaving Folsom anywhere from 7 to 7:30 am and leaving Roseville anywhere from 4:30 to 5 pm. Can anyone provide estimates of their commute from Folsom to Roseville during normal rush hours? Also, what streets do you take?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 01:24 AM

68 posts, read 109,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIOLET17 View Post
Hello,

We are looking at moving to Folsom. I was wondering if anyone knows about the commute times from Folsom to Roseville. I would be leaving Folsom anywhere from 7 to 7:30 am and leaving Roseville anywhere from 4:30 to 5 pm. Can anyone provide estimates of their commute from Folsom to Roseville during normal rush hours? Also, what streets do you take?

Thank you!
What part of Folsom to what part of Roseville?

With the info provided, all I can is somewhere between 10-40 minutes.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:28 AM

I should've been more specific. Near Mikunis on Eureka Road in Roseville. Near Folsom High School in Folsom. Thanks!

Old 01-18-2015, 10:09 AM

57 posts, read 214,809 times
While I cannot tell you about your specific commute, I have a commute that follows the same route. I commute from the Folsom Lake Crossing area to West Roseville (around Blue Oaks and 65) every weekday and have around a 20 minute commute in the morning and a 25 minute commute in the afternoon.

It takes me about 10-12 minutes in the morning to get to Eureka Road near Mikuni. Since it takes me about 10 minutes to get to Folsom High School from my place, you are probably looking at a 20-25 minute commute in the morning and a 25-30 minute commute in the afternoon.

Check your commute times with Google Maps. It is pretty accurate with the travel times.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:57 AM

527 posts, read 1,323,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonh23 View Post
While I cannot tell you about your specific commute, I have a commute that follows the same route. I commute from the Folsom Lake Crossing area to West Roseville (around Blue Oaks and 65) every weekday and have around a 20 minute commute in the morning and a 25 minute commute in the afternoon.

It takes me about 10-12 minutes in the morning to get to Eureka Road near Mikuni. Since it takes me about 10 minutes to get to Folsom High School from my place, you are probably looking at a 20-25 minute commute in the morning and a 25-30 minute commute in the afternoon.

Check your commute times with Google Maps. It is pretty accurate with the travel times.
Sounds like you hit a lot of green lights. I've used this route quite a bit over the last few years. I could commute from blue ravine to eureka/rocky ridge in 12-15 minute at 5 am with no traffic and a bit of speeding. For a while I commuted from edh blvd to downtown lincoln in about an hour using the same general route. Douglas blvd and auburn folsom is the bottle neck for this commute for a couple of reasons. Now you can stop and get coffee at the conveniently placed dutch brothers while you wait for the light to turn green.

Old 01-18-2015, 05:15 PM

Thanks everyone for your responses. I'm going to do a test run sometime soon, but wanted to know more about other people's experiences. Thanks again!

Old 01-18-2015, 08:59 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,841,862 times
Quote:
Hello,

Thank you!
If you can leave or later earlier, the commute will be much easier. Both coming & going are in the heat of commuter traffic.

If it were me, I'd stay on the 4-lane roads, and that means that there are several ways to go. Folsom-Aurburn Rd which has been mentioned, or Hazel. You can take Greenback or Oak over to Hazel.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:25 PM

68 posts, read 109,837 times
Quote:
I should've been more specific. Near Mikunis on Eureka Road in Roseville. Near Folsom High School in Folsom. Thanks!
I'd guess that would take about 25 minutes each way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento