Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2015, 11:40 PM

127 posts, read 208,934 times

Advertisements

My husband likes a house located off Marconi, but I am coming from Rocklin and it's hard for me to imagine moving down in scale to a neighborhood like that. I've lived in Rosemont, Folsom, Roseville, and Rocklin. That whole Arden-Arcade area seems like it's "trying", but it's just too ghetto. I didn't see any grocery stores. Yes there's a Trader Joes but that's somewhat limited. He likes the area because it would be a short commute, but I like feeling safe where I'm living. Plus I have daughters. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 08:56 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,799,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie136 View Post
My husband likes a house located off Marconi, but I am coming from Rocklin and it's hard for me to imagine moving down in scale to a neighborhood like that. I've lived in Rosemont, Folsom, Roseville, and Rocklin. That whole Arden-Arcade area seems like it's "trying", but it's just too ghetto. I didn't see any grocery stores. Yes there's a Trader Joes but that's somewhat limited. He likes the area because it would be a short commute, but I like feeling safe where I'm living. Plus I have daughters. Any thoughts?
You missed the Raleys at Watt and Marconi?

Arden Arcade is not a *bad* place, except for the areas close to Auburn Boulevard and Edison Avenue, but the Rocklin schools are better. If your girls are set up in Rocklin, then by all means stay there. I can't blame your husband for wanting a shorter commute, but uprooting your girls from their friends and their current school is not worth it. Parents sacrifice for their children, right?

Old 03-13-2015, 01:50 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,274,555 times
You might look a bit farther south in Arden-Arcade, the end closer to Fair Oaks Boulevard is in better shape and with more amenities, grocery stores ranging from Whole Foods to Safeway. Also, there is a full-service supermarket in the same shopping center of Trader Joe's. The middle portion of Arden Arcade is kind of deceptive--the business streets look a bit scruffy but once you pull off onto the side streets there are many very comfortable mid-century homes on large lots. A friend lives nearby, and raised his daughter there--he likes the neighborhood a lot, his backyard is an oasis.

Old 03-13-2015, 06:20 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,647,948 times
Look at homes in the Rio Americano H.S. school district. No ghetto's there.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB1967 View Post
You missed the Raleys at Watt and Marconi?

Arden Arcade is not a *bad* place, except for the areas close to Auburn Boulevard and Edison Avenue, but the Rocklin schools are better. If your girls are set up in Rocklin, then by all means stay there. I can't blame your husband for wanting a shorter commute, but uprooting your girls from their friends and their current school is not worth it. Parents sacrifice for their children, right?
Yes, I guess I did miss that. You made a good point about the kids being established where they are already. Thank you for that point.

Last edited by junie136; 03-13-2015 at 11:40 PM.. Reason: Correcting

Old 03-14-2015, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
You might look a bit farther south in Arden-Arcade, the end closer to Fair Oaks Boulevard is in better shape and with more amenities, grocery stores ranging from Whole Foods to Safeway. Also, there is a full-service supermarket in the same shopping center of Trader Joe's. The middle portion of Arden Arcade is kind of deceptive--the business streets look a bit scruffy but once you pull off onto the side streets there are many very comfortable mid-century homes on large lots. A friend lives nearby, and raised his daughter there--he likes the neighborhood a lot, his backyard is an oasis.
Can you clarify what you mean by "the middle portion"? Thanks.

Old 03-14-2015, 02:21 AM

8,673 posts, read 17,274,555 times
Auburn Boulevard is the top, Fair Oaks the bottom, the middle is roughly Marconi/El Camino/Arden Way. Closer to Fair Oaks is generally more money. If you pull off onto side streets near El Camino and Watt there are some very big, very nice houses, and if you aren't driving a nice car you are likely to be followed by private security.

Old 03-14-2015, 11:23 AM

152 posts, read 232,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Look at homes in the Rio Americano H.S. school district. No ghetto's there.
This would be my suggestion as well.

Old 03-14-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
Auburn Boulevard is the top, Fair Oaks the bottom, the middle is roughly Marconi/El Camino/Arden Way. Closer to Fair Oaks is generally more money. If you pull off onto side streets near El Camino and Watt there are some very big, very nice houses, and if you aren't driving a nice car you are likely to be followed by private security.
Thank you. But what do you think about the area Marconi between Watt and Howe, and Edison and El Camino.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento