Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 04:23 PM

30 posts, read 44,092 times

Advertisements

Check out hotpads.com for rental information. I saw a few rentals on the site under $2,000 per month with either pools or community pools. There is one at 7276 Harbor Way for rent with a community pool and it's in the highly sought after Eureka School District.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 06:13 PM

25 posts, read 44,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesbyheath View Post
I live in Roseville and love it here. It is a very large city with 3 different zip codes and neighbored by another nice city Rocklin which has 2 zip codes. You would have no trouble finding neighborhoods to fall in love with. Plenty of gated neighborhoods also.

Roseville/Rocklin is a perfect place to raise a family. There are top notch schools everywhere you turn and plenty of parks and recreation for families to enjoy. You'll see what I mean once you visit the area.

As far as a pool goes, you might be able to find a rental with a pool at your budget. If not there are public pools, an aquatic center and a huge water park in the area with season passes available for under $100.

https://roseville.ca.us/parks/parks_...ol/default.asp

Roseville Golfland-Sunsplash-California waterpark and family fun center
Which areas (or zipcodes)should I be looking for with my budget? Which areas the better elementary schools are located?

How come I've seen a 3-bedroom-house for only 1600? Could that be a not so safe neighborhood?
(95678).

I'm thinking a condo with a swimming pool would be better for now since I have a baby as well, hence a whole day out is quite hard to accomplish... Not that I'm opposed to a house. That would be ideal, a house with a swimming pool and back yard. However, I still wanna stay under the 2K, since it's gonna be a rental.

Nobody has said anything about the people there... Cool people to make real friends? Open to other races? I really want to get away from those stuck up fake hollywood people here in L.A.... So I'm really hoping to make true friends over there... therefore my kids have that sense of community as well...

Thanks!

Last edited by Adrianala28; 04-30-2015 at 06:36 PM..

Old 05-01-2015, 01:14 AM

The zip codes are fairly large areas that contain anything from industrial zoning to apartments. Good/bad areas to live with children are more based on neighborhood. There really aren't that many unsavory areas in Roseville or Rocklin however there are more "family friendly" neighborhoods. I will highlight some areas on a map for you and upload it on here tomorrow. There are excellent elementary schools throughout the city too.

$1,600 for a 3 bedroom rental doesn't mean it will be a bad area. The prices here are quite a bit different than you are accustomed to in L.A. This is a very large suburban area. Before the real estate boom, this was a small town still. Growth here is incredible and it keeps increasing. This area offers nice homes, great schools and a safe environment to raise a family.

I don't think you need to worry about making friends. For the most part, people are very friendly and non judgemental. You're always going to run into the stuck up types regardless of where you live but that's not the majority here.

There are Brazilians here too. I had a Brazilian friend in the area who has now moved away down your direction. She had a large group of Brazilian friends here. They would all go to one of the local bars during World Cup.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:20 PM

25 posts, read 44,957 times
Thanks soooo much everyone and @homesbyhealth.
I will wait for the hightlighted areas by you. Txs soooo much!

PS: Is there a website for month to month AND furnished rentals? I've found some furnished ones, but they are really pricey, though...

Since the company Ebays my husband over there ASAP, it would be much easier to move with my kids on a furnished place for the time being and month to month contract.

Thanks again!!!!!!������

Last edited by Adrianala28; 05-01-2015 at 01:58 PM..

Old 05-02-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianala28 View Post

PS: Is there a website for month to month AND furnished rentals? I've found some furnished ones, but they are really pricey, though...

Since the company Ebays my husband over there ASAP, it would be much easier to move with my kids on a furnished place for the time being and month to month contract.

Thanks again!!!!!!������
Check out these places for furnished corporate housing:

Corporate Housing in Roseville, CA at Venu at Galleria Condominium Rentals

Roseville CA Corporate, Furnished and Temporary Apartments - ExecuStay

Roseville Furnished Rentals, Serviced Short Term Apartments

corporate housing: find temporary and furnished apartments in

All of the places I see that are listed on these sites are in good areas.

Old 05-02-2015, 10:38 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,957,322 times
I can't think of a truly bad area in Roseville. We live in the Bay Area and were thinking of moving to Granite Bay after retirement to be near my MIL. Then she up and moved to Portland OR.

You may hear people in Roseville complain about traffic and sprawl. The area has grown enormously (or so it seems to me) over the last 20 years. I doubt that anyone coming from L.A. would notice, though.

If you can afford to buy in Granite Bay, I recommend it. Very country, rural feel with houses on large lots, lots of families and animals. My MIL's neighbors on one side raised llamas and on the other, chickens. Friendly folk.

Old 05-02-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I can't think of a truly bad area in Roseville. We live in the Bay Area and were thinking of moving to Granite Bay after retirement to be near my MIL. Then she up and moved to Portland OR.

You may hear people in Roseville complain about traffic and sprawl. The area has grown enormously (or so it seems to me) over the last 20 years. I doubt that anyone coming from L.A. would notice, though.

If you can afford to buy in Granite Bay, I recommend it. Very country, rural feel with houses on large lots, lots of families and animals. My MIL's neighbors on one side raised llamas and on the other, chickens. Friendly folk.
For the most part, Roseville is very nice. However, there are a few parts I would steer clear of near Riverside Blvd. or near the railyard.

I would definitely agree that Granite Bay is a beautiful area and the country feel is why I like it too. Roseville has the more suburb feel which some people like better for their kids. But, Granite Bay does have one of the top school districts around.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:46 PM

27 posts, read 39,109 times
Roseville is a great community. Schools are great, parks, shopping, dining , fantastic medical facilities, colleges and safe. It is growing, but it is all good. Old Town Roseville has some cool cultural events as well. Have lived in area all my life, it is nice. It does get hot here in the summer, real hot and can get smoggy, but not LA

Old 05-04-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianala28 View Post

Thanks again!!!!!!������
I tried to highlight a map but the image doesn't transfer very well. For the most part you just want to try and not be near the rail yard in the center of town. If you have a question about an area, please just ask and I'll give you my honest opinion. Most of Roseville and Rocklin is great!

Old 05-23-2015, 03:41 AM

3,814 posts, read 4,009,493 times
The biggest adjustment will come from leaving the 2nd largest metro area in the US, for a much smaller, much less prominent, lower populated, less sophisticated metro.

Things in greater LA, such as shopping, dining, entertainment, job opportunities, will not be on the same level in Sacramento. That is not to say the Sac metro is bad, but it is a small fairly blue collar metro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento