U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2016, 09:52 PM

5,108 posts, read 8,517,958 times

Advertisements

That sounds exciting, great picture.

I never post pictures, but you may be able to get some help in the admin forum, here.
//www.city-data.com/forum/about-forum/

I found this info in the photography forum
//www.city-data.com/forum/photography/

PHOTOS AND PICTURES: Inserting in posts, various write-ups which seem to have helped or made sense for many people:
//www.city-data.com/forum/21481067-post2.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/faq/8...tml#post744451

//www.city-data.com/forum/12511570-post295.html
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2016, 11:26 PM

1,328 posts, read 766,531 times
Thanks, Caligirlz.

Interesting that the paper clip icon doesn't show unless I select the "post reply" option; in the "quick reply" option there is no paper clip. The paper clip is the 1st step to attach a photo from my own portfolio.
Clicking on a "insert image" icon won't give me the option to browse for a photo on my own computer.
Anyway, attaching photos to an e mail is a five second option with G mail, but a major ordeal on City Data. I think the webmasters don't want us to use up precious resources, which is understandable.

Old 05-01-2016, 10:56 AM

Default Gang activity in Paradise, CA

See it for yourself...........Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01330.JPG
Views:	609
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	169125

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02731.JPG
Views:	438
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	169126

Name:	DSC02985.JPG
Views:	268
Size:	976.1 KB
ID:	169127

Old 05-02-2016, 06:30 PM

5,108 posts, read 8,517,958 times

We've got turkeys in Folsom also.

Old 05-07-2016, 05:38 PM

3 posts, read 5,910 times
Default Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
I have family in the area, and the report about the area (not just Paradise) was not great, except for the beauty of the area.
I was not talking about "the area", but just Paradise - that's where I live. But I'm sure you must be right - it's not great here; in fact it's probably awful, so be sure to stay away.

Old 05-19-2016, 12:12 PM

93 posts, read 160,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Gee, this is your only post ever in City-Data? Are you a realtor? If not, I am glad you are happy there, but a nearby resident does not think as highly of your area as you do, except for the cost of living.

I just read the scorecard for Feather River Hospital and it's rated "average" and Hospital-acquired infections are listed as "worse than expected" and I didn't see anything that was highly rated. My source is US News & Reports.
You don't sound like a local either. What I have learned so far is that about 12-15 minutes away is Enloe, which is rated far better than Feather river hospital. And the crime rates in Chico and Paradise are different also: Chico 303 & Paradise 184 ( a little more than half of Chico)!

I am also trying to get info about the regular day to day life in Paradise. Glad I read more than your response.

Old 05-20-2016, 04:40 PM

6,428 posts, read 3,481,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snappingfish View Post
You don't sound like a local either. What I have learned so far is that about 12-15 minutes away is Enloe, which is rated far better than Feather river hospital. And the crime rates in Chico and Paradise are different also: Chico 303 & Paradise 184 ( a little more than half of Chico)!

I never pretended to be a local. As I said in my first post, I have family who own a house and live in the immediate area of Paradise. I do not live there myself, and most of my information is from family who live on the border of Paradise, just up the ridge.

For the most important thing in my post—about hospital choice—in a life-threatening emergency (for example a heart attack), a person will always be taken to the nearest hospital, not the better or best hospital. No paramedic is going to take someone from Paradise to Enloe Hospital if they are having a stroke or a heart attack or anything else life-threatening. They will absolutely take them to Feather River Hospital. 12-15 minutes is an eternity when it comes to a stroke or heart attack.

If you are satisfied with the medical facilities in the immediate area, and cost of living is of paramount concern, then the Ridge area (Paradise, etc.) does have that going for it.

If you are a member (or prospective member) of the top HMO as some family I know were (and were shocked after they bought property and made the move that they had lost the ability to be covered by their HMO, the one paid by their former employer in their pension), you will not be able to get coverage or keep coverage in any Butte County zip code outside of Oroville. In some cases, this will mean that while real estate prices are cheap, medical costs may be higher. It depends on your own situation and desires. I think it is important to know about medical information beforehand, but it may not apply to your situation. To some, it will matter a great deal.

Last edited by SFBayBoomer; 05-20-2016 at 04:53 PM..

Old 05-23-2016, 10:14 AM

Paradise has crime, usually petty crimes, things taken from a car or a porch, bicycle stolen, car vandalized, loud music, and so fort. Once in a while a motel gets robbed. We had 3 homicides since September 2015. A policeman shot a drunken driver, claimed it was an accident. The officer was fired.
Two other murders were drug related. The violent crimes are done by people where a drug deal or a relationship went bad. Random, pointless crime like drive by shootings or home invasions don't happen, which is the most frightening part of living in Southern California or in the Bay area here up north.
Judging by the amount of reports on the local television stations, when it comes to crime worth reporting, Chico is number one, followed by Oroville, then Paradise last.
There is a lovely small town 6 miles north of Paradise, the name is Magalia. Higher elevation, about 2,600 feet. It is mostly residential, population around eight thousand, not much business activity there, and it is seldom mentioned on television or in the "Paradise Post" newspaper. I assume Magalia is the safest place to live in Butte county. Housing costs are, rent or purchase, less than Chico or Paradise.
Magalia is more of a mountain town than Paradise, the trees are taller, the air is cleaner, traffic is even less, the the housing stock is much newer. I think it's the closest thing to Mayberry in this area (Andy Griffith show).
The downside is that for work or shopping the residents must come down to Chico or Paradise, and they have propane tanks only, not the natural gas, which makes heating costs higher.
Then again, most homes have a wood stove.

Old 08-05-2017, 09:40 PM

Default Home invasions on the rise in Paradise, CA

Name:	PAR_8764.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	554.1 KB
ID:	188704

Name:	PAR_8778.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	505.0 KB
ID:	188705

Name:	PAR_8757.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	524.3 KB
ID:	188706
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento