Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2015, 07:07 PM

2 posts, read 1,547 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
i'll be moving near Sacramento later this year. I was looking at buying a house in Westlake, but I could settle for Roseville too if it's nice. Do enough people rent rooms in homes (either young professionals or students) or do they generally go for apartments? Since it is near the airport, is the disturbance manageable? Is there a big Asian community in Sac also?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 02:15 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,782,627 times
Do you mean Westlake development in Roseville off Baseline Rd & Fiddyment Rd?

That's way out on the west side of Roseville. I cant imagine there would be much of a market for boarders unless they are going to William Jessup Jr College. You could always call the college to see if there is a market for renters.

You're pretty far from the airport, if you are talking about Roseville. However, I'm thinking you might be referring to Westlake in No Natomas.

Please clarify.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:40 AM

2 posts, read 1,547 times
Westlake in No Natomas is where I'm looking at. If there was a place like that in Roseville I'd look into that as well.

Old 05-21-2015, 03:27 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,782,627 times
My bigger concern with Natomas is the flood risk. Be sure to check the flood maps. I believe the levee upgrades have been approved & the area is set for development. Check the history on that situation.

SAFCA :: Sacramento Regional Flood Control Agency
Utilities - City of Sacramento

Old 05-23-2015, 04:12 AM

3,814 posts, read 3,974,931 times
Westlake is a gated part of Natomas that consists mostly of middle to upper middle class families.

Homes seem to range form 1500 square feet to over 5000. Price ranges seem to range from low 300's to mid 900's.

Natomas is a huge newer suburban area. Kind of a sleepy area for families, so not really a young professional area.

Most people rent apartments though some rent homes and rooms. The asian community is very large.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento