Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 01:15 AM

28 posts, read 28,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNewsLogin View Post
Captain Mitch and Captain Delta (original one) were played by the same man. Captain Mitch was on Channel 40.
Thanks! I didn't know that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2015, 12:03 PM

888 posts, read 889,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Waste of space!

My wife remembers 50+ years ago when it wasn't.
Does your wife remember Hites' Dairy delivered milk to her house front door steps?

Old 06-05-2015, 09:02 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,466,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borninsac View Post
Does your wife remember Hites' Dairy delivered milk to her house front door steps?
Yes she does remember Hite's but coming from a military family her mother shopped at the commissaries She does, however, remember occasional deliveries from Crystal Creamery while an adult student with two very young daughters at UCD in the very early 80s. I didn't hove-to on the horizon in Sacramento until 1990.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:59 PM

762 posts, read 2,030,100 times
Why did you fire facebook (just curious!)

Old 06-10-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro View Post
Why did you fire facebook (just curious!)
Got tired of the "Show and Tell" after having done enough of it myself. Prefer forums where you can get some good two-way discussions going and actually learn.

Old 06-17-2015, 02:17 PM

556 posts, read 788,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borninsac View Post
Just wondering. Before I fired Facebook, I participated in a group that discussed and shared yesteryear memories of Sacramento. Are there any natives here that have something great to share?
I grew up in Citrus Heights unincorporated and remember watching hardtop races at Hughes Stadium in the early 50's, and watching the Solons at Edmonds Field at Broadway and Riverside.

Now Citrus Heights is a city , they don't race at Hughes and the Solons are history.

History of the Gold Cup - Race of Champions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmonds_Field

Old 06-17-2015, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dohmixer View Post
I grew up in Citrus Heights unincorporated and remember watching hardtop races at Hughes Stadium in the early 50's, and watching the Solons at Edmonds Field at Broadway and Riverside.

Now Citrus Heights is a city , they don't race at Hughes and the Solons are history.

History of the Gold Cup - Race of Champions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmonds_Field
Do you remember Harvey's Hamburgers and did you enjoy reading the afternoon Sacramento Bee or were you more of a morning Sacramento Union person?

Old 06-18-2015, 08:12 AM

556 posts, read 788,157 times
Yes I remember Harvey's, they were somewhere on Fulton Ave. We got The Bee in the afternoon daily. I think the morning delivery of The Union came at an inopportune time and they were the conservative paper and their was no time to read it. I have a copy somewhere in my files of the final Sac Union where the headline stated WERE HISTORY. Thanx for the memories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento