Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2015, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,595 times

Advertisements

I have subnitted a request to relocate to Rancho Cordova. Not sure when, though. I have been to Roseville and thought it was really beautiful. Google tells me its only 13 miles from Rancho. Could somebody tell me the actual driving time in and out of peak hours? From other posts it souunds like Rocklin is compareable, but still further away. Citrus Heights looks like it is too close to SAC. Folsom is too expensive. Any thoughts? Also, I'm thinknig of buying a mobile home. Has anyone been in the community called "Diamond" something in Roseville?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 06:55 PM

2,507 posts, read 2,728,813 times
You might ask Google again because driving times appear on Google Maps. I believe the times are adjusted for the time of day. In other words, if you were to ask the question at a peak commute time, it would give you the drive time for right then. Beyond that I'm no help with that.

As far as Diamond K, I know only one thing. It's a 55+ mobile community and the only reason I even know that is because I have a neighbor who lived there prior to moving to the 55+ we now live in.

So I'm not a huge help but maybe that helps a bit. Good luck with your move!

Old 06-15-2015, 08:55 PM

8,680 posts, read 17,192,884 times
Why is "too close to SAC" an issue?

The problem with commuting from Roseville to Rancho Cordova is that it is all on surface streets, there are no highways that go between the two, unless you take 80 west to downtown Sacramento and 50 east to Rancho Cordova. Which means lots of slow, stop & go traffic on your commute. You might take a look at Folsom, which is no more expensive than Roseville, and just east of Rancho Cordova. Not sure about mobile home parks in that neck of the woods.

Old 06-16-2015, 12:24 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,785,404 times
A commute from Roseville to Rancho Cordova during peak commute times will absolutely suck. If you go via freeways, you have to go through the bottleneck near downtown/midtown and then around to RC with all the other commuters. OR, you could go all surface streets, like down Sunrise. Both sound like awful options. I have no idea how long it would take, maybe an hour, or longer, but it will be stop & go traffic. I live in Folsom and I never take the freeway to Roseville.

I'd suggest looking at mobile home parks closer to RC. I know there are some in Rosemont. OR. since Folsom is too expensive, you might want to check Orangevale or Fair Oaks, or look further up the hill, like Cameron Park, Shingle Springs, Rescue, maybe even Latrobe or places out near Jackson. The drive will be further, but it is beautiful country.

I just remembered, Folsom does have a mobile home park on Folsom-Auburn Rd out near the dam road.

Old 06-16-2015, 01:12 PM

25 posts, read 29,494 times
Depends on what kind of neighborhood demographic you are looking for. Do you just like Roseville because of its proximity to the shopping/Galleria? Folsom is a comparable area and much more beautiful with Folsom Lake. Fair Oaks is beautiful being right on the American River. Since I live in the Gold River area, I am much more partial to the 50 corridor side.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:57 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,785,404 times
OP, what is your budget? That would help us guide you.

Old 06-20-2015, 02:51 AM

28 posts, read 27,880 times
We had to drive from Roseville to Rancho for little league this past week and it took an hour to get there during rush hour traffic. I would HATE to drive that everyday. I some friends in the newer part of Rancho and they love it. Elk Grove isn't that bad a commute to Rancho either. Folsom would be good too.

Old 06-20-2015, 03:05 PM

101 posts, read 123,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
Why is "too close to SAC" an issue?

The problem with commuting from Roseville to Rancho Cordova is that it is all on surface streets, there are no highways that go between the two, unless you take 80 west to downtown Sacramento and 50 east to Rancho Cordova. Which means lots of slow, stop & go traffic on your commute. You might take a look at Folsom, which is no more expensive than Roseville, and just east of Rancho Cordova. Not sure about mobile home parks in that neck of the woods.
For mobile home parks galore, Auburn is the place he wants. PLENTY out there.

Old 06-23-2015, 03:56 PM

5 posts, read 9,981 times
Roseville to Rancho, depending on where in each city you are going could be 40-50 minutes each way during peak times. As has already been mentioned, the biggest problem is that the drive is all surface streets, and mostly small ones that get backed up fairly easily. I've done the drive many times and while it's certainly not fun, it is doable if you are not extremely averse to commutes, especially since Roseville is definitely a great place to live.

Folsom, gold river, and fair oaks/orangevale are all comparable and could save you a good 15-20 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento