Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2015, 03:14 PM

84 posts, read 160,111 times

Advertisements

My family and I are planning to move from NC to Folsom sometime in the next few months. We'll be looking for a single family home to rent and plan to look at places when we visit in early August. Is it common (or possible?) to have a real estate agent help find/coordinate rentals to look at? If so, what sort of fee or commission do they get? It seems that in some areas it's more common for agents to help out with rental searches whereas in other areas people just do it on they're own; wondering what the norm is in Folsom.

Also, I'd appreciate it if anyone could give me a sense of what the rental market is like right now. How fast are properties renting out, should we expect to have to act fast or is it less competitive, etc. And aside from Craig's List, Zillow, and local property management companies, are there any other websites that are good for finding single family homes?

Thanks for any advice you may have!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 07:39 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,998,561 times
Rentals are few and far between. Unfortunately, the landlords and property management companies do not list their rentals, which makes it impossible for real estate agents to help with the home search. Your best bet is to google rentals in Folsom, and also look at Trulia and Craigslist for rentals. Trulia is the most comprehensive site I have found so far.

If you find something listed by anyone other than a property management company, you need to beware of scams. Especailly with Craigslist. If you find something you like on Craigslist, ask a local realtor to look up the address to make sure it isn't in foreclosure or a vacant home for sale. And get the real owner's name, then check ID to make sure the person taking your check is the owner.

Good luck!

Old 07-01-2015, 09:11 PM

84 posts, read 160,111 times
Thanks, I hadn't looked at Trulia before. It looks like I may just need to be patient and put some time into keeping an eye out for places. I will definitely be savvy if we end up responding to Craigslist ads.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:23 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,841,862 times
I've heard this company recommended for rentals.
Sacramento Rental Property Management | Home Run Property Management
http://hotpads.com/CA/Folsom/ (you can search for apartments, condos or homes, I believe)

You may also want to check on the local (non-CD forum) where rentals are sometimes posted. PM me if you'd like the website.
Sometimes, rental signs are posted in the window in the historical district which would require a drive-by.

I dont think I've ever seen a craigslist rental for Folsom.

Old 07-02-2015, 01:34 PM

888 posts, read 890,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
I've heard this company recommended for rentals.
Sacramento Rental Property Management | Home Run Property Management
Apartments for Rent in Folsom, CA - 12 Rentals - HotPads (you can search for apartments, condos or homes, I believe)

You may also want to check on the local (non-CD forum) where rentals are sometimes posted. PM me if you'd like the website.
Sometimes, rental signs are posted in the window in the historical district which would require a drive-by.

I dont think I've ever seen a craigslist rental for Folsom.
I've placed a Craigslist Sacramento ad for a Folsom rental I have. There aren't many currently. Here's what I found today:

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/se...=6&query=95630
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento