Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2015, 11:31 AM

25 posts, read 44,983 times

Advertisements

Hi there!!!
We're new in town, so I'm debating about my picking my son's school... Here's the situation:

A) In my address we have 2 options:

Creek view ranch
850 API - 7 rating

Heritage Oak
870 API - 8 rating

I'm not very impressed with their scores, grades and bad reviews, however we are living in a gated community and my son is finally making friends here, therefore, this makes me want to register him in one of those schools.

I feel like it's gonna make the whole moving thing a little bit easier (even though they are all in different grades). My son told me himself how excited he is he knows somebody already and they will play together on recess...

B) My husband's work address however is this school:

Cathlyn Gates
912 API - 9 rating
Grade 9

People from his job keep telling him this school is way better, indeed, and they guaranteed me that it's not a big deal here to register your kid in a school where's not your home address but it's your work address.

So here's the questions:

1) are those schools much worse? I've read complaints about bullying and many kids with behavioral problems constantly causing even expelling... but on te other hand some people say all schools in Roseville are good, should I just pick the school that he knows some kids and the school bus comes right in front our community (even though I'm not sure if I will ever use it, I never did back in Los Angeles).

Our neighbor's kid goes to Creek View (different grade though). I feel bad because we've moved and he's been sad already since we don't know anybody here...

2) Gates school: Is this school really much better, it's worth the extra driving and him not knowing anybody? Is it really ok to register him under my husband's job address? We've been told ️yes, no problem whatsoever.

One girl in particular said that she kept transferring according to the programs she wanted to persue. She swears by Gates. Of it's ok, do you think it's ok any of the kids won't be the ones he knows from our community? Or it's not a big deal?

Thanksssss so much!!!! If you're a parent I'm pretty sure you're gonna relate with me on hard it is to make those decisions...

Sorry this was kinda too long... Please any insight, advice, criticism even are welcome hehehehe

Have a great day!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento