Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 10:50 AM

2,653 posts, read 3,043,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Seriously, where can you live with NO crime? There are a number of very livable neighborhoods in Sacramento County and many of them are quite affordable.
Thanks, 2sleepy. I want to come and visit your city again. Sacramento has become more affordable than Denver now days, can you believe it? That shows how crazy the Denver market has become.

I notice the builders are putting big homes on tiny lots in Sac suburbs. A trend that isn't unique to Sac.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2015, 10:56 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
Thanks, 2sleepy. I want to come and visit your city again. Sacramento has become more affordable than Denver now days, can you believe it? That shows how crazy the Denver market has become.

I notice the builders are putting big homes on tiny lots in Sac suburbs. A trend that isn't unique to Sac.
yeah I know that's one of the reasons we didn't buy one. We have 2 dogs and a large lot was on our short list. The house we bought is a Mid Century Modern, built in 54 on a quarter acre with a 60 foot redwood in the front yard and it's in a very friendly and safe neighborhood -not bad at all for 300k

Old 07-25-2015, 01:45 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,274,555 times
Quote:
Pardon me. I wasn't slamming your nice city. In fact, I love Sac and would like to live there if I had family there. I merely meant, wouldn't life be nice without crime? All neighborhoods would be livable
Life is even nicer without dictatorship.

Old 07-25-2015, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
Life is even nicer without dictatorship.
I've looked and looked for dictators in Sac County and have yet to find one! But if you want to meet some dictators you should move to Reno, they have some very special rules there...they allow your neighbors to file a civil complaint if your dog barks. You can request a hearing but the law is so vague that if the dog barked one time that is a violation. So...after 3 times you are charged criminally. No one but your nut job neighbor ever witnessed this barking, and only one person has to report it, but you can go to jail for it. And it's not just an urban legend it happened to my neighbor. And since only one neighbor reported the barking and there were no other witnesses, she got off 'light' a $500 fine. Max punishment is one year in jail.

Old 07-25-2015, 11:58 PM

101 posts, read 123,614 times
Quote:
Wouldn't it be nice if a king or dictator could run all the scummy elements out of Sacramento with a decree? murderers, drug dealers, cheats, hustlers, thieves, etc. I'd guess property values would skyrocket, crime would plummet, and life would be more pleasant.

Oh, but I dream. Forgive me.
I actually agree. I am of your mindset. When I lived out in that area I wanted much of the bad elements on lockdown. Cost of living is too ridiculous now. I feel we shouldnt cheat future generations by aborting unborn babies and get rid of the scum already here. This overpopulation is ridiculous and plagues the entire region and area.

Old 07-26-2015, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJohn1 View Post
I actually agree. I am of your mindset. When I lived out in that area I wanted much of the bad elements on lockdown. Cost of living is too ridiculous now. I feel we shouldnt cheat future generations by aborting unborn babies and get rid of the scum already here. This overpopulation is ridiculous and plagues the entire region and area.
where the heck did you live in Sacramento that you were plagued with all this crime?

Old 07-26-2015, 03:28 AM

2,963 posts, read 6,260,120 times
Quote:
where the heck did you live in Sacramento that you were plagued with all this crime?
south sac iraq

Old 07-26-2015, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
south sac iraq
lol..by choice?

Old 07-26-2015, 02:06 PM

2,511 posts, read 6,295,937 times
Quote:
I've looked and looked for dictators in Sac County and have yet to find one! But if you want to meet some dictators you should move to Reno, they have some very special rules there...they allow your neighbors to file a civil complaint if your dog barks. You can request a hearing but the law is so vague that if the dog barked one time that is a violation. So...after 3 times you are charged criminally. No one but your nut job neighbor ever witnessed this barking, and only one person has to report it, but you can go to jail for it. And it's not just an urban legend it happened to my neighbor. And since only one neighbor reported the barking and there were no other witnesses, she got off 'light' a $500 fine. Max punishment is one year in jail.
After having neighbors with dogs that barked incessantly, I think this is a good idea.

Old 07-26-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC6ZLV View Post
After having neighbors with dogs that barked incessantly, I think this is a good idea.
absolutely but the key word there is incessantly. There were 8 neighbors who denied ever hearing her dogs barking and one whack job who said she heard them all the time. Animal control would park outside her house and they never heard them bark. At one point this neighbor filed a complaint for barking during a time when the lady was on vacation and the dogs were boarded at a kennel. She was able to get that one dismissed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento