Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 06:32 PM
SyZ SyZ started this thread

151 posts, read 139,335 times

Advertisements

Might get a 6 month position there for my company, and I'd obviously be renting

Why are property values so low? I heard something about a dump?

Where should I try to find housing?

Any suitable neighborhoods nearby that are between the Tri Valley area and Rancho Cordova?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 07:35 PM

21,829 posts, read 25,094,690 times
Most of it is a dump which is why it's so cheap. Anatolia, one of the parts that isn't a dump, is close to the dump. Prices there are in the 300 and 400k range. Tri Valley is in the East Bay, Dublin, Livermore, Danville, San Ramon and so on. Basically of them would be suitable although not nearby Rancho Cordova seeing as how they are around 2 hours away. I'd look around Carmichael, Folsom, Gold River, maybe Arden-Arcade. Lots of apartments in all those areas depending on budget. Figure $1,200 to $1,500 for a nicer 1bd apartment in a nicer area, $800 to $1,000 for a more basic apartment in a not so nicer area, $650 to $800 for a dumpy apartment in a dumpy area.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:54 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyZ View Post
Might get a 6 month position there for my company, and I'd obviously be renting

Why are property values so low? I heard something about a dump?

Where should I try to find housing?

Any suitable neighborhoods nearby that are between the Tri Valley area and Rancho Cordova?
What do you mean by "Tri-Valley" are you talking about the areas that Malloric mentioned in the East Bay, or Tri-Valley recycling on Richards Blvd in Sac? If it's tri-valley in the East bay, that's about 80 miles from Sacramento - so yeah there are lots of places in between, Vacaville, Fairfield, Concord, Martinez...but help us out here- where are you going to be working because no one in their right mind would commute between Sacramento and Dublin or Livermore

Old 09-03-2015, 11:27 PM

Sorry, should have clarified

Currently live in Livermore ($1115 total per month with one roommate) and work in Livermore

I'm 99.99999% going to get a 6 month transfer to our Rancho Cordova office, so would be renting for 6 months

I just need to know a cheap / decent / non drive-by-probable area for half a year, no buying a home or anything like that

Old 09-03-2015, 11:39 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:

Currently live in Livermore ($1115 total per month with one roommate) and work in Livermore

I'm 99.99999% going to get a 6 month transfer to our Rancho Cordova office, so would be renting for 6 months

I just need to know a cheap / decent / non drive-by-probable area for half a year, no buying a home or anything like that
I have read posts on here about good apartment complexes in Rancho Cordova but I don't recall specifically where they were, you might just search the Sacramento forum for Rancho Cordova and see what you find. Folsom, Fair Oaks, Citrus Heights aren't all that far away (depending on where in Rancho you will be working) but I don't know much about any of the apartment complexes and I'm not sure how common it is for them to lease for 6 months. Would you consider an extended stay studio? They have some pretty good deals on a 60 day rate but you have to call their plus program office to get the special rate 1-888-844-0952 there are probably 5 or 6 extended stay hotels in the Sacramento area, you can probably go to the Extended Stay website and see where they are located and check reviews on them (but don't lease one through the website, it will be significantly higher)

Old 09-04-2015, 10:17 AM

572 posts, read 598,548 times
Many of the big apartment complexes will probably do you a shorter lease or a month to month lease for an additional monthly cost. You might be able to find something furnished if it's just that 6-months.

Like others said - there have been recommendations for apartment complexes in Rancho Cordova that folks have made on other threads although I can't remember them.

There are some sketchier parts of Ranch Cordova but plenty of nicer parts too. It's a big commercial/industrial area so yeah it has waste disposal stuff around there along with other things that go along with being an industrial area. I wouldn't be too worried about that if you're not buying and only gonna be there 6-months.

Folsom, Gold River, Fair Oaks, Carmichael, Rosemont, Arden-Arcade and pretty much any of the other communities along Hwy 50 heading out of Sac would be fine to live and commute to Rancho. You can tell pretty quick if you go check out a place whether it's in a crappy area or not.

Old 09-04-2015, 11:57 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,836,360 times
Quote:

Currently live in Livermore ($1115 total per month with one roommate)

I just need to know a cheap / decent / non drive-by-probable area for half a year
If your budget is $1000-$1200, dont look in Folsom.
Check out the apartments off Zinfandel & International, per the map the neighborhood is called the villages of zinfandel. Or others have mentioned the apartments on folsom blvd out towards Hazel

Old 09-04-2015, 06:32 PM

251 posts, read 375,787 times
I've stayed at Ashgrove apts in Rancho Cordova and it was nice. Also their sister complex Oak Brook off Folsom.

Old 09-04-2015, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
If your budget is $1000-$1200, dont look in Folsom.
Check out the apartments off Zinfandel & International, per the map the neighborhood is called the villages of zinfandel. Or others have mentioned the apartments on folsom blvd out towards Hazel
I'd prefer not to spend more than $800

I was spending $800 for 2 years until a month ago, and even that was too much

Old 09-05-2015, 08:39 AM

152 posts, read 232,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekjones View Post
I've stayed at Ashgrove apts in Rancho Cordova and it was nice. Also their sister complex Oak Brook off Folsom.
I'd go with Ashgrove as well. The only weird thing is, as soon as you drive out of the Ashgrove gates you are in the Hood. Just look straight and keep driving lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento