Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 08:58 AM

42 posts, read 80,348 times

Advertisements

best Neighborhood - Briggs Ranch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 12:34 PM

11 posts, read 22,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fouroheight68 View Post
best Neighborhood - Briggs Ranch.
Hi! Can you tell me more abut Briggs Ranch and why its the best neighborhood for you?

Thanks a lot!

Old 12-21-2015, 12:38 PM

11 posts, read 22,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
Here's a map showing the different school boundaries
Facilities & Planning / Downloadable Attendance Boundary Maps

Here's a map of the different neighborhoods in Folsom (tried to put them in date order)
Folsom Neighborhood Map - MyFolsom.com

Historic District - The oldest homes in Folsom are located in the Historic District. As you cross the American River this would be the area between the Rainbow Bridge and Lake Natoma Crossing on the east side of the river. These homes tend to be on the “grid” streets, which are within walking distance of historic Sutter Street. Some homes in this area were built in the late 1800’s
Central District - After World War II, the primary area for residential development in Folsom was near Natoma Street and Duchow Way. Development moved east, bounded by Natoma Street to the north and Humbug Creek to the south, and by the late 1970’s and early 1980’s the large Willow Creek development was started. Blue Ravine Road now forms the eastern and southern boundaries of Willow Creek.
American River Canyon/North Folsom - Homes in original American River Canyon, located south of Oak Avenue Parkway, were built in the early 1980’s and into the 1990’s.
Briggs Ranch - built in the 1990'shttp://www.neighborhoodlink.com/Briggs_Ranch/map
The Parkway -
a planned development with HOA,building started in the mid-1990's and is ongoing.
Broadstone - a 1,600 acre development near East Bidwell Street and Highway 50. Broadstone is unique in that it was completely developed by Elliott Homes, Inc. Building started in 1991-2013.
Lexington Hills - This area is east of Oak Avenue Parkway and south of Blue Ravine Road, built 1980’s and early 1990’s.
Natomas Station - built at same time as Lexington Hills. Located south of Blue Ravine Road and east of Folsom Blvd
Prairie Oaks, Loss Cerros, Willow Springs - under construction since the late 1990's. Prairie Oaks is located to the northeast of Natoma Station east of Prairie City Road and south of Blue Ravine Road. Los Cerros is just north of Prairie Oaks across Riley Street. Willow Springs, located just east of Prairie Oaks
Empire Ranch - 1,750 acres of master planned community with HOA located off of East Natoma St., southeast of Folsom Lake and is the newest development in Folsom.

Here's a list matching the price range and 4 BR.
4-Bedroom Folsom, CA Homes for Sale - realtor.com®

This is in one of the older neighborhoods, near the historic district. Many homes have been remodeled like this one. Home is within walking distance of the middle school, and city park/rodeo grounds, and Trader Joe shopping center.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Folsom/127.../home/19350097

Certainly not like the rest of Sacramento.
http://www.waterresources.saccounty....Floodplain.pdf
Region's Flooding History

But there is the potential for flooding anywhere below the dams, and in it's path. When I bought, I purposefully avoided those areas, even though there were some beautiful properties. My realtor informed me that the road, Blue Ravine, got it's name from the natural river that formed during storms before the dam was built.

Here's some info about the flood map
Flood Management > Levee Repairs & Floodplain Management > Floodplain Management > Floodplain Evaluation & Delineation > Awareness Floodplain Maps > Sacramento County > Folsom
https://www.folsom.ca.us/depts/admin...ng_project.asp

Here's some info about the Folsom Dam. Folsom Dam
And the Morman Island Dam. Mormon Island Dam foundation stabilized | Village Life

There are areas that are prone to flooding. I've seen pictures/videos from heavy storms on folsom Chat facebook page. I'd suggest joining so you can search for info. Or join the local non-CD folsom forum as there is tons of info there.
Hi! I did your suggestion and signed up at the Folsom Chat and Watch. The Folsom Chat page is not accepting my request as of yet. But the Folsom Chat and Watch did already. Ok, so I have been reading new posts in the page and looks like Folsom is not that safe anymore. Do you still recommend Folsom? I heard there's an increase in property crimes, is that right?
What about Roseville or Rocklin? Any input?

You have been so helpful and you give me valuable information every time, thank you so much!

Old 12-21-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepumpkin View Post
Hi! Can you tell me more abut Briggs Ranch and why its the best neighborhood for you?

Thanks a lot!
Briggs Ranch is widely considered the most desirable neighborhood in Folsom due to the lack of a HOA/Mello Roos, the highest rated elementary school in the neighborhood, the large lots and mature trees, and it is the closest neighborhood to Folsom lake.

Also read this thread //www.city-data.com/forum/sacra...500-sq-ft.html

Old 12-23-2015, 07:02 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,843,149 times
Quote:
Hi! I did your suggestion and signed up at the Folsom Chat and Watch. The Folsom Chat page is not accepting my request as of yet. But the Folsom Chat and Watch did already. Ok, so I have been reading new posts in the page and looks like Folsom is not that safe anymore. Do you still recommend Folsom? I heard there's an increase in property crimes, is that right?

You have been so helpful and you give me valuable information every time, thank you so much!
Folsom Chat & Watch are managed by the same people. Maybe the moderators are busy. I know they have some new ones. They usually only accept people who actually live in Folsom, but maybe you could send them a msg & say you want to move there & to please add you esp since you are already accepted onto Folsom Watch.

Folsom is one of the more highly desired communities in the region, and retains its property values, and thus is a target for petty thefts. Crime is everywhere, Folsom is still pretty safe. Practice active self protection and you should be fine.

Roseville/Rocklin are nice too. If I worked out there, or on that side of town, then I would definitely consider living out there. I prefer to live close to my employer. I realize employer's change, I'm on my 3rd since moving here in 2008, and I've worked in No Natomas, downtown & now from home. Up until I moved to Folsom, I lived in centrally located neighborhood so driving in any direction was relatively easy. That's something to consider. I hate traffic, and drivers around here arent so good, so I personally would not want a long commute. Others have a higher tolerance.

Old 12-23-2015, 07:05 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,843,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fouroheight68 View Post
Briggs Ranch is widely considered the most desirable neighborhood in Folsom due to the lack of a HOA/Mello Roos, the highest rated elementary school in the neighborhood, the large lots and mature trees, and it is the closest neighborhood to Folsom lake.
I never heard that, but then again, I was looking for something different than older, large lots.
I think the bottom line is that for many people, Folsom is a highly desired community.

Old 12-24-2015, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
I never heard that
Quote:
Possibly the most desirable community in Folsom, Briggs Ranch is not a new master-planned neighborhood like so many others, but offers something more.
Quote:
homes here are so well built and popular that it is unusual to find one on the market.
Homes for Sale in Briggs Ranch - Folsom Real Estate

Quote:
Briggs Ranch is considered a highly desirable neighborhood as one can find larger lots and gorgeous Heritage Oak trees that adorn many yards, adding an ambiance that is difficult to find in many other areas.
Merideth Realty Team | Briggs Ranch

Quote:
Briggs Ranch, a highly desirable Folsom neighborhood!
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Folsom/193.../home/19347751

Quote:
LOCATED IN BRIGGSRANCH, ONE OF THE MOST DESIREABLE NEIGHBORHOOD IN FOLSOM]
http://norcal.myrewebsite.com/real_e...81-7-15055987/

Quote:
in the desirable Briggs Ranch community
Briggs Ranch home has open interior, large lot | Gold Country Homes

Homes in BR are typically marketed (as noted above) as the most desirable neighborhood. Take that with a grain of salt (marketing), but houses in the neighborhood don't stay listed more than a week which speaks for itself. Talk to any realtor though, and they will tell you the same thing, due to the lack of an HOA/Mello Roos, large lots, mature trees, and the proximity of Folsom Hills Elementary (again, one of, if not THE, highest rated elementary in Folsom).

Old 12-24-2015, 09:52 AM

527 posts, read 1,323,970 times
Quote:

That's pretty laughable. Go take a stroll around town and see for yourself. Anyone who thinks Folsom is not a safe area has issues, or has never taken a walk down florin road.

Old 12-24-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob98LS1 View Post
That's pretty laughable. Go take a stroll around town and see for yourself. Anyone who thinks Folsom is not a safe area has issues, or has never taken a walk down florin road.
The problem with all these pages is they concentrate the focus on negatives. So of course, when looking at these pages, it seems like an area isn't safe. Crime happens everywhere, so yes, you need to lock your car doors at night. Is there a chance your purse might get stolen off your car seat in the middle of the night? Yes. Is there a high probability of being mugged? No. Folsom is ridiculously safe.

Old 12-31-2015, 12:31 PM

762 posts, read 2,030,980 times
briggs ranch has old growth trees and a lot of custom homes. couple that with a good elementary school and people like the feel. i

it is all based on how obsessed you are with having your kid in "the best" school. if it for investment or long term. How much you care about trees and lot size. If you hate hoa's. if you are bugged by mello roos. if you golf. if you love trails and parks on every corner. how new of a house you want. if you care if it the homes look 100% cookie cutter or not.

if you need a gate to get into your neighborhood you could always go el dorado hills
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento