Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 10:41 PM

6,888 posts, read 8,265,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
Las Vegas summer night temps are NOT similar to summer night temps in Roseville or Folsom. Las Vegas, like Phoenix, can, and often does, stay in the 80s at night in the summer. Roseville and Folsom have much nicer summer night temps.
I agree. I love it when the Delta Breeze is so strong it cools Roseville and Folsom into the low 60's and upper 50's; it's on these summer nights and mornings when Sacramento City morning temps are lower than Seattle and Portland in the middle of the summer. (mid to upper 50's).

This type of cooling almost never occurs in Vegas and Phoenix in the summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 01:15 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,839,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
I agree. I love it when the Delta Breeze is so strong it cools Roseville and Folsom into the low 60's and upper 50's.
I would agree, the burb temps are much nicer than vegas, but you do have to be outside or have really good circulation in your dwelling to enjoy.

I grew up in the central valley, Tulare/Kings/Fresno, the nighttime temps are greater than 80. It doesnt cool down until 3-4 am, and that's when I used to get up to go running because it was too miserable any other time during the summer.

Old 05-02-2016, 12:16 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,148,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatCurve View Post
Just wondering if there are any noticeable differences in how high the daytime and nighttime temperatures get during the hottest summer months between the cities above or are they all the same?

I've also heard that it cools off significantly at night (like as much as 40 degrees cooler). Is this true? If so, what time does the cooling start? In the evening (7-11pm) or overnight (after midnight)? Are summer evenings uncomfortable due to the lingering heat?

Thanks for any insight.
I live in Rancho Cordova close to the Vineyard area (near Highway 16) unless its near or over 100 degrees it cools off well at night (well enough to make a whole house fan worthwhile). Temp wise there isn't much difference between Sac and the nearby suburbs day or night.

Old 05-09-2016, 01:10 AM

231 posts, read 250,851 times
Sacramento can often be a few degrees cooler (they are right next to the river) but it's not always a constant. El Dorado Hills often gets cooling breezes in summer evenings that are coming from Folsom Lake. I just checked AccuWeather for all 5 of your listed towns and all of them but Roseville are currently 57 degrees (Roseville is 59 degrees). It's rare that summer nights don't cool down in all of these towns.

Old 05-11-2016, 02:17 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,008,931 times
It does not matter where you are. Hot is hot and the Sacramento Valley is hot.

Old 05-11-2016, 02:40 PM

264 posts, read 413,772 times
Sacramento & Elk Grove are flat and pretty uniform. When you get north of Roseville and into the foothills, as well as EDH, there can be some microclimates depending on which side of a hill you're on vs. the sun and/or a body of water, and we're talking about 10-20 degree differentials here. Nothing beats a drive through some of these areas on a sunny day.

Old 05-11-2016, 04:23 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,045,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
I agree. I love it when the Delta Breeze is so strong it cools Roseville and Folsom into the low 60's and upper 50's; it's on these summer nights and mornings when Sacramento City morning temps are lower than Seattle and Portland in the middle of the summer. (mid to upper 50's).

This type of cooling almost never occurs in Vegas and Phoenix in the summer.
Phoenix here. You got that right- it never occurs here in the summer (unfortunately)...

I really envy your cool summer nights in Sac

Old 05-13-2016, 08:26 AM

52 posts, read 48,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactoslacker View Post
In addition to the heat, you also need to factor in the air quality.Smog and smoke from wildfires has a tendency to hung up in the foothills.
Good thinking. The air quality is usually better when you get beyond Colfax off Hwy 80 or even some level better, at Colfax, Ca. I mean the true town of downtown Colfax, they've changed the boundaries so much even Applegate now is considered Colfax.

Old 05-14-2016, 12:24 PM

103 posts, read 112,313 times
Las Vegas is a far comparison to Sacramento area. Vegas is in the Nevada desert and is way different than northern California. So I wouldn't compare the two. Vegas is way hotter and drier than Sac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento