Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 09:35 PM

174 posts, read 221,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekjones View Post
When I did look for apartments I just went to rent.com and searched for my desired area and price range. Looks like you have quite a few under $900.

Sacramento, CA Apartments for Rent - 171 Rentals | Rent.com®

Cool. Thanks Derek.

I'm currently living in a not so great area and just had a guy (looked like a skinhead--meth head) try to force me off the road because I was driving too slow. I turned off the street. He turned left a block ahead and tried to corner me with his car. He got out of his car and came towards me but somethign changed his mind so he just spit on me. It shook me up a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 11:40 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhummingbird View Post
I"m on a wait list for 'affordable' (tax credit properties) for senior housing. The apartment complex is in a bad area (Auburn and Garfield blvd). I haven't taken my name off the wait list but I'm hoping to find something else.

Good to know about Carmichael and Fair Oaks. I've just been looking in Sacramento itself.
I may end up moving to Solvang but the move would be terribly expensive and eat into a chunk of my savings.
Auburn @ Garfield isn't that terrible of an area, it's somewhat commercial but I can't think of anything awful that I've seen while driving through there. I found some low income senior housing on this site, maybe there is something here that would work for you: 5 Low Income-Affordable Communities in Sacramento, CA - SeniorHousingNet.com

Old 02-10-2016, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Auburn @ Garfield isn't that terrible of an area, it's somewhat commercial but I can't think of anything awful that I've seen while driving through there. I found some low income senior housing on this site, maybe there is something here that would work for you: 5 Low Income-Affordable Communities in Sacramento, CA - SeniorHousingNet.com
Good to know 2sleepy. Thank you. And thanks for that link!

Old 02-10-2016, 08:50 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,480,254 times
Lots of options. You have to call them and get on the waiting lists.

https://www.sacwaitlist.com/PublicHousing.aspx

http://www.cchnc.org/index.php/find-...mcdowell-manor

http://theriversseniorapts.com/

Last edited by NoMoreSnowForMe; 02-10-2016 at 09:03 PM..

Old 02-10-2016, 10:28 PM

21,829 posts, read 25,102,289 times
Quote:
I"m on a wait list for 'affordable' (tax credit properties) for senior housing. The apartment complex is in a bad area (Auburn and Garfield blvd). I haven't taken my name off the wait list but I'm hoping to find something else.

Good to know about Carmichael and Fair Oaks. I've just been looking in Sacramento itself.

I may end up moving to Solvang but the move would be terribly expensive and eat into a chunk of my savings.
You could always just do market rate. The afforded by taxpayer apartments aren't that big an advantage. At the upper income levels, they're pretty close to market rate anyway.

Last edited by Malloric; 02-10-2016 at 10:45 PM..

Old 02-20-2016, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
You could always just do market rate. The afforded by taxpayer apartments aren't that big an advantage. At the upper income levels, they're pretty close to market rate anyway.
Agreed. I've been looking at market rate apartments around here and am finding most are the same complexes but different units just at market rates. Same issues.

I'm used to living in a house and haven't lived in apartments for years. But it's time to leave where I'm at now and downsize. I'll miss having a yard very much as well as my garden but unfortunately money and health are dictating my choices.

If I could find a nice safe affordable desert community with good medical care, that would be perfect.

Old 02-21-2016, 11:28 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,034,390 times
Quote:
I could find a nice safe affordable desert community with good medical care, that would be perfect.
What about the Coachella Valley area?

Old 02-22-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
What about the Coachella Valley area?
I don't know anything about the area but will look into it? Is there a specific area that you'd recommend?

Thanks!

Old 02-22-2016, 02:08 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,774,310 times
It's in Riverside County so the San Bernardino/Riverside County (the inland empire) forum would be a good place to start. Coachella Valley includes Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Indio, etc., so it will be hot in the summer but great in the winter.

Old 02-24-2016, 02:55 PM

26 posts, read 22,582 times
Plenty!!! Depends on bedrooms the best place with availability is Brentwood court on Marconi Ave I lived there once very nice affordable quiet and clean
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento