Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 02:36 AM

8 posts, read 6,792 times

Advertisements

I'm hoping someone could help me out with a decision. I'm moving to Roseville in a few months for work and looking to buy and as a last option rent. We saw some new homes by Elliott near Secret Ravine and Sierra Canyon and they seemed to be in a good and quiet area, but they are expensive considering the size. I was wondering what other people in Roseville think about buying in that area. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 07:51 AM

1,199 posts, read 1,647,547 times
Rent a small place for a while until you find your space. You will have a more harmonious out come.

Last edited by sourdough; 03-27-2016 at 08:04 AM..

Old 03-27-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Rent a small place for a while until you find your space. You will have a more harmonious out come.
Why do you say that?

Old 03-27-2016, 04:40 PM

You might see things differently after a few months living and working in Roseville.

Old 03-27-2016, 07:00 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,993,881 times
New construction is expensive considering the size. Always. Those are very nice areas though.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:51 AM

21,829 posts, read 25,094,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyknicks8 View Post
Why do you say that?
Because you can take your time and find the right house in the right neighborhood versus trying to buy it before you move here and stressing out whether Escrow will clear on time, etc., etc. A few months is not a lot of time to buy a house. Typical Escrow is 30 days. So if a few months equals two, you've got a month to get approved for a mortgage find the house you want sight unseen, put in the offer, have the offer accepted. Generally a terrible idea to do that. If you can get out and run a reconnaissance mission it's less of a bad idea. Even then it often takes more than one time coming out. First time might be more looking at overall neighborhoods and start working with a Realtor on what you generally want, second time visiting as many houses as you can squeeze into what little time you have.

Heck, when I've moved and was renting I generally looked at short-term rentals so I'd have a month or two to find an apartment. Buying a house is a much bigger deal. I've usually taken several weekends at a minimum picking an apartment. It's WAY easier to apartment hunt than house hunt.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:32 AM

Well said.

Old 03-30-2016, 04:19 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,836,360 times
That's a nice area. I suspect people are willing to pay the price to live there.

I would agree to start out renting first, that way you can check out your targeted neighborhoods. I rented for 4 years, and so glad I did, bought in a completely different area than I had planned. And I love it here.

Old 04-03-2016, 12:54 AM

3 posts, read 4,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyknicks8 View Post
I'm hoping someone could help me out with a decision. I'm moving to Roseville in a few months for work and looking to buy and as a last option rent. We saw some new homes by Elliott near Secret Ravine and Sierra Canyon and they seemed to be in a good and quiet area, but they are expensive considering the size. I was wondering what other people in Roseville think about buying in that area. Thanks in advance.
Saw the Taylor Morrison over by the secret ravine... and yes it was nice. But I just wasn't happy with the entire floor plan. We decided on the Elliot Homes in 12 bridges Lincoln since it's not that far from Roseville anyways, also Carson Homes has a pretty nice floor plan (also in 12 bridges)

Old 04-05-2016, 06:54 PM

Thanks for the input. I've decided to rent first and go from there instead of rushing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento