Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Considering relocation to Sacramento, seeking advice on local job market, financial services job opportunities, 50-60k income for financial services in Sacramento

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 12:32 PM

590 posts, read 931,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayce29 View Post
The reference in the link to it being an 'old' site is a a misnomer. As you can see from the 'old' site, it actually contains data that is more recent than the other site. The principal difference is that the 'old' site is limited to single family residences, and the new site includes condos and multifamily. Like the Sac Bee, I'm more interested in data that's focused on SFR, so I prefer the 'old' site.
Ok. I can understand why you would want to use the old site because it is, as you say, only concerned with SFR. But the very fact of the matter is, and correct me if am wrong, that national sales data is representitive of all dwellings sold in a given city, whether it be SFR, MFR or condo's- not just SFR. Correct? (I mean, data people love padding the stats, right?) But here's the thing. You can't throw in pretext after pretext after you've stated your postion in a discussion to show that you were right from the get go. Had you said from the beginning that SFR ONLY have a median house value in Sacto of $265K then yes, you are right (even though DataQuick says $280K). I just said from the begining that Sacto was at $374K, I haven't been throwing in pretext's after the fact to make me right. But now that I point out that, in fact, Sacto has an overall median sales price of $315K you're coming up with excuses. "It's the old site that's more reliable, not the new one with more reliable data", " I'm only interested in SFR, I don't factor in MFR or condo's(even though I didn't say that from the beginning), so therefore I'm right". C'mon that's bogus.

Your own website says Sacto has a median house value of $315K. That's fact. I was off by $60K using 9 month old information. You're off $50K using "current" information if you throw out your pretext's. I guess you're $10K more right than I am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 05:40 PM

29 posts, read 124,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMan View Post
Ok. I can understand why you would want to use the old site because it is, as you say, only concerned with SFR. But the very fact of the matter is, and correct me if am wrong, that national sales data is representitive of all dwellings sold in a given city, whether it be SFR, MFR or condo's- not just SFR. Correct? (I mean, data people love padding the stats, right?) But here's the thing. You can't throw in pretext after pretext after you've stated your postion in a discussion to show that you were right from the get go. Had you said from the beginning that SFR ONLY have a median house value in Sacto of $265K then yes, you are right (even though DataQuick says $280K). I just said from the begining that Sacto was at $374K, I haven't been throwing in pretext's after the fact to make me right. But now that I point out that, in fact, Sacto has an overall median sales price of $315K you're coming up with excuses. "It's the old site that's more reliable, not the new one with more reliable data", " I'm only interested in SFR, I don't factor in MFR or condo's(even though I didn't say that from the beginning), so therefore I'm right". C'mon that's bogus.

Your own website says Sacto has a median house value of $315K. That's fact. I was off by $60K using 9 month old information. You're off $50K using "current" information if you throw out your pretext's. I guess you're $10K more right than I am.

I'm not off at all, you muppet. Here's my next "excuse" -- a C.A.R. release from today that includes data through January. You'll note that the median price referenced for Sacramento is $258,230.

Jan 08 sales/price report=

You haven't been throwing in anything, pretexts or otherwise, to make you 'right' because it doesn't exist. Get over yourself, seriously.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:20 PM

7 posts, read 34,124 times
The job market is pretty strong for a typical mid-sized American city. What it does not have is the overwhelmingly vast number of positions that somewhere like the SF Bay Area does - I work in software and in the bay there are more jobs than I can possibly take the time to read! So in Sac it takes a little more work, a little more research and a little more time to get a postion.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:59 PM

590 posts, read 931,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayce29 View Post
I'm not off at all, you muppet. Here's my next "excuse" -- a C.A.R. release from today that includes data through January. You'll note that the median price referenced for Sacramento is $258,230.

Jan 08 sales/price report

You haven't been throwing in anything, pretexts or otherwise, to make you 'right' because it doesn't exist. Get over yourself, seriously.
There you go resorting to name calling when you get pushed into a corner. You really are immature. It's sad. You can't hold a conversation without becoming a screaming queen. I can see that you're the type that has to be right at all costs so I will address your last post and be done with you.

You're last paragraph is hysterical because I never said I was right. At all. Ever. I said this in my last post but this fact must have escaped you as you fervently knuckle punched your post in a slobbering mess of blinded rage. You keep wanting to think that I said I was right when all I did from the very beginning was provide you the link that backed up my original post. That's all it was, troglodyte. Just because you think something in your little brain doesn't mean it's true.

Moving on, I like how you completely ignored my factual citation of your website that showed the median house value in Sacto was $315K. You completely side stepped this fact as if it didn't exist because, I can only assume, it made you look, um, how do you say, tres stupide? You must have been utterly humilated to see your own website contradict you in such a plain and undeniable manner. I don't know what you thought when you saw that figure, but I know what I thought: Bawahahahaha, what an idiot. I mean, you didn't even bother to look at YOUR website before you stuck your foot in your mouth. Again, it must have been utterly humilitating.

And lastly, you have such an ego that you can't even admit when you're wrong. At least I recognized that the Forbes article was outdated. I believe a few days ago you were quoting $265K, now it's $258K, but your own website says $315 and dataquick says $280. Even in the face of all these inconsistencies you still put yourself on a pedestal and proudly claim you are "right". Only someone with a king sized ego would preen and postulate this much. You must be a lonely soul as your ego must fill up an entire room and leave no space for anyone else to breathe. Perhaps you weren't loved enough as a child? Yes, no?
So, later home-skillet. At your next real estate investors club meeting be sure to have some hot cocoa and let everyone know how smart you are. Oh, and as you said earlier, ****!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento