U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 06:16 AM

2 posts, read 9,368 times

Advertisements

We are contemplating on purchasing home in West Roseville. it seems to be more rural there. Don't know if that's a good thing or not. In particular, there are SO MANY listings in the Morgan Creek golf community. Wondering if this is a bad sign that the community will go under and the golf course will bankrupt. On the other hand, we could get a great deal if it flourishes. Has anyone heard anything? Also, there is a neighboring new community called Willow Creek. Any one heard anything about it?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 06:25 AM

238 posts, read 1,250,894 times
Interesting observations on Morgan Creek by unhookt:

//www.city-data.com/forum/sacra...roseville.html

Old 03-11-2008, 07:43 PM

14 posts, read 88,817 times
I drove through Antelope to get to Sacramento.....I think the term ghetto is a bit much....

Old 03-13-2008, 04:10 PM

18 posts, read 120,549 times
Default Update on Morgan Creek

I was back in Morgan Creek, Willow Creek and neighboring Morgan Estates a few weeks ago. I really want to like these developments - the houses are nice, large and have good layouts. Many are decked out with stainless appliances, nicely landscaped yards, etc. These homes sold in the high $700k+ range once upon a time.

I've noticed that these homes are beginning to sell. A couple of the ones we've had our eyes on are sold, and there is lots of activity in the area. The developments seem to be cleaning up. The nice weather, blooming plants and recent rains are also helping to spruce up the place.

However, it looks like there are some homes going to renters, based on the "usual" signs: 5-6 late model cars in the driveway, less than manicured front lawns, lower-end window appointments, chairs and such out front.

So, I'm thinking that the homes are going to investors who are turning them into rentals. I wonder where the HOA is on that one..?

As for the broader area...

A dead woman's body was found about 1 mile away in a roadside ditch on Walerga off PFE road.

Two months ago, a bunch of teenagers were speeding down Walerga in a souped up import and plowed into several cars, splitting their own vehicle in two. There were multiple fatalities.

Take a spin south on Walerga from PFE and note the sudden change in demographic in about 2-3 miles.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:40 PM

375 posts, read 1,627,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan73 View Post
We are contemplating on purchasing home in West Roseville. it seems to be more rural there. Don't know if that's a good thing or not. In particular, there are SO MANY listings in the Morgan Creek golf community. Wondering if this is a bad sign that the community will go under and the golf course will bankrupt. On the other hand, we could get a great deal if it flourishes. Has anyone heard anything? Also, there is a neighboring new community called Willow Creek. Any one heard anything about it?

We just drove this area today. There are some beautiful homes in this area that are bank owned. You can get some really good deals. It will come back in the future. If we didn't live so close to some wonderful schools for our kids we would move there. They are already established here so we are staying put for a while.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:20 PM

38 posts, read 214,057 times
Forget Morgan Creek. Many of the homes are vacant and well beyond your needs, as someone said. Plus, it is a gated community. It seems like a boring, boring place to live.
I live in Antelope and I walk over to Morgan Creek area every once in a while. It is bordering with Antelope. Antelope is not that bad of a community, as someone said. North Highlands has some issues. But NH isnt as close to Morgan Creek as Antelope is. You wont have any problems with crime, I believe. It is just that the homes are so damn expensive and many of the homes are vacant, and the area is lifeless. ........

Old 03-16-2008, 09:26 PM

38 posts, read 214,057 times
Oh yeah, Willow Creek sucks too. Same thing. Gated community, many vacant houses, boring as ****. Plus, the people there seem self concieved and shut out from everything else. I walked by a family's house. Looked at the window and everyone was eyeing me like I was going to smash their car. As I walked through the neighborhood, I saw people from their houses staring at me like I was something they never have seen before. And I even saw a house, with no cars, nothing to signify human prescence in the house, with a green sign in the yard that said "Homeowner Occupied: Do Not Disturb". That is pathetic.
Just stay away from there. Neighbors are concieved, houses are "perfect" in a bad sense, houses are expensive, area is boring, with hardly any sign of human life.
BTW I live in Antelope, by Willow

Old 03-28-2008, 08:39 AM

18 posts, read 120,549 times
Default willow creek

Actually, I like willow creek better than morgan creek. The homes seem less pretentious, and the community actually *isn't* gated. These are new homes, so the neighborhood is still under construction - hence the empty ones - but they only build a few at a time so there isn't a ton of empty homes in the development. There's also a really big park for kids and there seem to be more families there.

I noticed that there are frequently folks "touring" the neighborhood, and the new (unsold) houses are usually unlocked so that people can check them out. Folks walk right up and into a lot of the houses - perhaps that's why the owner of that home put a sign up. Seems like a reasonable thing to do if folks are pretty constantly milling about your home.

All in all, people seemed very friendly there. Lots of folks waved hello as my wife and I drove/walked around this neighborhood.

Morgan Creek, by contrast, was like a ghost town. People seem pretty unhappy there.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:02 AM

1 posts, read 6,633 times
Default Morgan Creek what a dissapointment!

My husband and I are looking to relocate from the Charleston, SC to Roseville, CA. I've been out to Roseville twice to find a house. I never thought it would be so difficult to find a house here. Our realtor took me out to Morgan Creek and I was very surprised to see how run down the neigborhoods are especially the ones with $1 mil homes. Plus Morgan Creek seems to be out in the middle of nowhere. I can't seem to find an upscale home with a good size lot. Most of the homes need to be updated in the inside or the yards are so small. I've looked in West Roseville, East Roseville, Rocklin etc. I find Rocklin to be very pretty but most of the homes there are old. The newer homes have very small lots and no privacy. I'm going for a 3rd house hunting trip in June and I'm hoping to find a diamond in the rough. You would think you could find a pretty nice house for $500K in Roseville but I'm just not seeing it.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:14 AM

71 posts, read 316,784 times
Clancy,

Have you looked in Crocker Ranch? It's at the north end of West Roseville. There are a lot of nice, newer homes in there (most in gated communities) that have dropped down to around $500k or even less. Diamond Woods and Diamond Creek subdivisions are also near Crocker Ranch, and there are some nice homes in there, too, which would fit your budget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento