Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 12:09 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,741,992 times

Advertisements

With your attitude, I'll be surprised if you are ever successfully employed. Go on clinging to your excuses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2017, 03:47 PM

258 posts, read 291,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post

Yes, the economy in the Bay is better than Sacramento, yes the Bay offers more opportunity. But 1) you are not actually thinking of going to the hub of the Bay, rather you are thinking of Lamorinda, a pretty dead place for jobs if you ask me. 2) For dead end jobs with low pay and in a place like Lamorinda, the two regions (Sacramento and Lamorinda) are pretty much on par. Lamorinda may even be worse off for you to land those jobs because you are competing with local high school and college kids.
Also, I am thinking of Lamorinda because of the fact that my friend and I won't have to worry about language or diversity problems getting in our way like they do in Sacramento, or in most parts of Oakland or San Francisco, though I could see myself working in someplace like the Tenderloin or the Castro, as long as, again, language or 'diversity programs' don't work against me.

Old 04-22-2017, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
With your attitude, I'll be surprised if you are ever successfully employed. Go on clinging to your excuses.
Again, what is with you people and you thinking I'm making 'excuses'?!?!! I AM DOING EVERYTHING I CAN TO APPLY AND GET INTERVIEWS!!!!

Old 04-22-2017, 03:54 PM

42,846 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA2000 View Post
Also, I am thinking of Lamorinda because of the fact that my friend and I won't have to worry about language or diversity problems getting in our way like they do in Sacramento, or in most parts of Oakland or San Francisco, though I could see myself working in someplace like the Tenderloin or the Castro, as long as, again, language or 'diversity programs' don't work against me.
so you are going to move to Lamorinda to apply for jobs because you 'think' they hire more white people? Do you know how few employers there are in that area? Do you know what it costs to live there? I'm not trying to insult you but if you really feel that you need to live in an "all white area" you might consider Vermont, it's 96.2% white.

Old 04-22-2017, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
A way to get in where? Since you have this idea that the major job hubs all discriminate white people, where does Lamorinda leads to if not the job hubs??
Because of the racial makeup and popularity of languages like Spanish, Chinese, etc., that are used within the city. And, as I've said before, we feel that Lamorinda is essentially a 'haven' for whites who don't want to go into tech, or any of the jobs that are associated with the Bay Area. (Remember that I mentioned that a 'joke theory' I mentioned at the beginning of the thread was that the only reason BART built stations for Orinda and Lafayette was for white people who live in Oakland and SF (and any other job hubs) who don't want to work in tech or any typical Bay-Area professions and don't want to worry about being crowded out by non-whites.

Old 04-22-2017, 04:15 PM

42,846 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA2000 View Post
Because of the racial makeup and popularity of languages like Spanish, Chinese, etc., that are used within the city. And, as I've said before, we feel that Lamorinda is essentially a 'haven' for whites who don't want to go into tech, or any of the jobs that are associated with the Bay Area. (Remember that I mentioned that a 'joke theory' I mentioned at the beginning of the thread was that the only reason BART built stations for Orinda and Lafayette was for white people who live in Oakland and SF (and any other job hubs) who don't want to work in tech or any typical Bay-Area professions and don't want to worry about being crowded out by non-whites.
Ok so where in Lamorinda are you and your friend going to work?

Old 04-22-2017, 09:58 PM

509 posts, read 484,833 times
Here's an idea: how about learning a second language? If nothing else, it will broaden your horizons and provide you new insights into communication. It would also close the skills gap you have with Asian and Spanish people.

Spanish is probably easier to learn, but if you learn some Chinese, you'll always be able to find a job. It can be done; often people with Asperger's are uniquely suited to learning languages...

Old 04-23-2017, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Ok so where in Lamorinda are you and your friend going to work?
We aren't. We're stuck in Sacramento. This was just hypotheses we had that the Bay Area had a better job market and areas LIKE Lamorinda were part of the reason, along with BART and other mass transit companies.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliblue View Post
Here's an idea: how about learning a second language? If nothing else, it will broaden your horizons and provide you new insights into communication. It would also close the skills gap you have with Asian and Spanish people.

Spanish is probably easier to learn, but if you learn some Chinese, you'll always be able to find a job. It can be done; often people with Asperger's are uniquely suited to learning languages...
Funny you mention that - my friend is learning Japanese.

Old 04-23-2017, 11:22 PM

113 posts, read 159,440 times
I still can't tell if this thread is real or not, but I'll humor both you and myself and act like it is. I do have some questions that might hopefully help guide you in your situation:

1. You say you're going to sac state. What are you studying? What year are you? Do you know what you want to do? If not, do you know what sector you want to work in? Are you accruing debt in the form of student loans?

2. You mentioned a trucking job, however that's a trade job. You can make good money and potentially make a career out of it, however, how does this affect what you're doing at Sac State? Are you looking for a real job or just something part time?

3. I think you have to stop with this whole race narrative. I get you're situation, however tying your inability to get a job with you being white is too linear. There's just too many possible variables for you to be coming to that conclusion. It could be a number of things. What are the types of jobs you are applying for? Are they ditch digging jobs? Is that why you think they're giving these jobs to minorities instead? Because they would be cheaper to pay? What are the details to these jobs that are causing you to come to this thinking?

Hopefully answering these for me will narrow down your direction a little better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento