Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 12:19 AM

113 posts, read 158,077 times

Advertisements

It’s almost been a full year since I made this thread and was curious to hear what people think now. There is now the second entrance/exit near sutter’s landing and Alder is sold out. Mulberry is likely to be next by end of spring, maybe summer.

I actually walked through some models today and was more impressed than I thought I’d be. It’s starting to look and feel more like a community. The large sound walls did a much better job filtering out noise pollution than I thought they would. Inside the houses you can’t hear anything. The layouts are clean, open, and make good use of the square footage (at least the homes in the $480k-$600k range). I knew there would be HOA’s ($255/month) but you get front yard landscaping, the jr Olympic sized pool, scattered parks with various activites (pickle ball courts, built in concrete cornhole, and sports fields still to come), and pool house to hang out at... I would say you get quite a lot. Mello Roos at $88/month kinda sucks though.

As me and my wife are young professionals who work in Sacramento and are looking to start a family soon... I think it’s very appealing. Maybe I’m too jaded right now and need to be brought back to earth haha.

Any new thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2018, 12:42 PM

422 posts, read 391,757 times
Still overpriced IMO and only getting higher. Good luck actually getting on the list and making it through the next phase of price increases. Seemed to be a lot of artificial demand when we were looking and they really try to string you along.

Old 03-11-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsaeed View Post
Still overpriced IMO and only getting higher. Good luck actually getting on the list and making it through the next phase of price increases. Seemed to be a lot of artificial demand when we were looking and they really try to string you along.
What is artificial demand? There’s either demand or there isn’t. Also you say overpriced, but good luck getting on the list. So obviously people are interested, no? The only way inventory is going to be increased in the area is with new builds. We all can’t buy into the storied established neighborhoods (East Sac, Curtis Park, Land Park, etc) so people have to look at other options.

Old 03-11-2018, 09:49 PM

29 posts, read 29,672 times
I'd like a yard please!

Old 03-12-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacramentian916 View Post
I'd like a yard please!
Yes, that’s a big negative for me too

Old 03-16-2018, 02:29 PM

318 posts, read 335,525 times
almost bought here when it was $380 for the cheapest plan, however we had just moved to the bay area from Houston. We actually really enjoyed the smaller town feel of sac, and considered actually settling there. My wife was sold on the amenities of this community.

Schools seem to be going down at least the ratings in the east sac area now. While land park elementary rating is still staying strong.

Fast forward to now after 2 years of working in the bay area its been great but we decided to settle in the DFW area to be closer to friends family. Never know whats going to happen with life.

Kinda do wish we had purchased one to rent seeing how much they're worth now and would've been a good investment property for the future. The HOA and melo are high so maybe not.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:49 PM

6,876 posts, read 8,177,838 times
I liked them 1 1/2 yrs ago and still do. With that "backdoor entrance and exit" you are essential a part of midtown. The folks that bought at 380K are sitting pretty.

Old 03-16-2018, 04:07 PM

2,511 posts, read 6,266,863 times
This is an HOA development with a rule for everything.

No thanks!

Old 02-01-2019, 12:33 AM

Another year, more homes being built and bought up. I actually do like the homes but where do the kids go to school?

Old 02-01-2019, 01:21 AM

6,876 posts, read 8,177,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVinci View Post
Another year, more homes being built and bought up. I actually do like the homes but where do the kids go to school?
St Francis HS, Jesuit HS, Christian Bros HS, Mc Clacthy HS, Jewish school on Riverside, Sutter Middle, Crocker school, elmemetary school on M street

Last edited by Chimérique; 02-01-2019 at 01:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento