Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 10:55 PM

101 posts, read 182,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I find people like yourself to be a paradox. You escaped Sacramento and moved to Texas and now you have nothing better to do than to come back and talk a lot of crap about Sacramento. Must be boring in the lone stare state..or maybe you have buyers remorse
I am not talking crap about Sacramento. As I've mentioned previously, there are some good aspects of Sacramento; just not enough to keep me there and I want to encourage others to seriously consider whether they, too, should move out of Sacramento. States are fictions, ergo, you cannot be physically in a state. I am not, however, in Texas at the moment. What is it you think I bought that gives me buyer's remorse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 10:56 PM

Quote:
They did? When did that happen, in another thread..or on another forum or what...?
I received a number of personal messages.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Are the salaries of firefighters in Texas paid on a 'voluntary basis'? How exactly does that work? Do the citizens of Texas decide 'voluntarily' whether or not to pay property taxes that provide for public safety employees salaries?
No, the salaries of (government) firefighters in Texas are not paid on a voluntary basis. The difference between living in California and living in Texas is that I can take specific measures to reduce the level of extortion I have to endure. If I prefer not to pay state taxes, I simply don't buy property in Texas.

There are no citizens.

"Citizenship is membership in a political society, and implies a duty of allegiance on the part of the member and a duty of protection on the part of the society. These are reciprocal obligations, one being a compensation for the other." Luria
v. u.s., 231 u.s. 9, 22.

Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d. 1, and California Government Code 845 explicitly state there is no duty to protect.

No duty to protect = no duty of allegiance
no duties = no "citizens"
no "citizens" = no "body politic"
no "body politic" = no "state"
no "state" = no "United States"

Old 06-22-2017, 11:11 PM

Quote:
No taxes where you moved huh?
There is no income tax.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:13 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoStateProject View Post
No, the salaries of (government) firefighters in Texas are not paid on a voluntary basis. The difference between living in California and living in Texas is that I can take specific measures to reduce the level of extortion I have to endure. If I prefer not to pay state taxes, I simply don't buy property in Texas.
You don't escape property tax by not buying property unless you are living in a tent somewhere. If you rent, your landlord pays property tax and passes that on to you. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:20 PM

Quote:
You don't escape property tax by not buying property unless you are living in a tent somewhere. If you rent, your landlord pays property tax and passes that on to you. I'm surprised you didn't know that.
You seem to be fixated on this subject. There are thousands of people who call Texas home and don't pay property taxes (directly or indirectly). I'm surprised you didn't know that. Bless your little heart.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:25 PM

Quote:
There is no income tax.
Who said anything about income tax? This is your post that I was responding to:

Quote:
1. "I think the OP is probably not suited to CA in general if his philosophy is taxes = theft."
It's not a philosophy. “That the power to tax involves the power to destroy;”
McCulloch v. Maryland, 4 Wheat. (17 U.S.) 316, 4 L.Ed. 579 (1819). “But taxes are the life-blood of government, and their prompt and certain availability an imperious need." Bull v. United States, 295 U.S. 247, 259; 55 S. Ct. 695; 79 L. Ed. 1421 (1935). Ergo, the "life blood of government" is the "power to destroy". 2. "If you are pretty right wing and hate taxes and regulation and put short-term economics above environmental issues, have no interest in looking to the future and seeing a more sustainable way of life, use of energy, action and adaption toward a changing climate etc. then this is probably not the place for you." Thank you for the (incorrect) labels.
Taxes are collected in all 50 states, if a state doesn't levy an income tax then they usually impose a higher than average sales and property tax, DMV fees, building permits, etc. States are obligated to provide services to the residents and they can't do that by having bake sales, so they levy taxes.

As far as I know your tax free nirvana only exists in countries with no functioning government like Somalia or countries like Qatar or Saudi Arabia which receive ample revenue from oil and natural gas production that they have no need to impose tax.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:27 PM

Quote:
You seem to be fixated on this subject. There are thousands of people who call Texas home and don't pay property taxes (directly or indirectly). I'm surprised you didn't know that. Bless your little heart.
That makes no sense, unless you are talking about people living in a motorhome in a Walmart parking lot.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:32 PM

Quote:
I received a number of personal messages.
That's surprising because I am not sure what would inspire people to ask you to expand on your post, you pretty much crapped on every aspect of Sacramento, what did they feel you left out?

Old 06-22-2017, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Who said anything about income tax? This is your post that I was responding to:

Taxes are collected in all 50 states, if a state doesn't levy an income tax then they usually impose a higher than average sales and property tax, DMV fees, building permits, etc. States are obligated to provide services to the residents and they can't do that by having bake sales, so they levy taxes.

As far as I know your tax free nirvana only exists in countries with no functioning government like Somalia or countries like Qatar or Saudi Arabia which receive ample revenue from oil and natural gas production that they have no need to impose tax.
Whoa! You're coming unhinged, bud. I never said there were no taxes in Texas. I said I have more options in Texas than I did in California when it comes to avoiding taxes.

Can you please cite the exact post where I referenced or mentioned a "tax free nirvana"? I'm pretty sure this is another example of a select few of you imagining things, projecting them on me, and then implying I stated it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento