Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 12:48 AM

2,511 posts, read 6,297,853 times

Advertisements

It depends on where you live. Comcast is my only option for high speed internet. Most of the area is limited to Comcast and AT&T. A few places have Wave Broadband or Consolidated (Surewest). In most of the AT&T territory you can opt for service through a CLEC like Sonic or Omsoft, but you are still limited by the speeds AT&T offers for your area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2017, 04:16 PM

16 posts, read 8,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
Zip code is 95831. 2 houses and an apartment. My experiences were the same in all three locations. I'm not sure of the data limits. I'm not hole too much but I do stream a lot of movies when I am home and never had an issue. My old roommate used to play video games on Xbox all day long and he said he never experienced issues either.

The consensus is this thread is AT&T sucks so I'd tread lightly with going with them if it's necessary for work. My experience may be abnormal.

Thanks for this. I checked into the data limits for both AT&T and Comcast. Both have 1 TB limits. Comcast claims its impossible to go over the 1 TB data amount but when I filled out the estimate of how much data I would need with AT&T I was well over the 1 TB amount given the amount of FaceTime I need to do for work.

It's just absurd. I pay $124 per mont with Consolidated of the top of the line package---3 tvs, 3 DVR's, fastest internet. Comcast charges double that amount for less.

I wonder if you have AT&T fiber and whether that makes a difference?

They do have AT&T fiber internet in my area. Based on what I've read here I'm reluctant to even give them a try. Yet the prices that Comcast is charging....

Old 08-19-2017, 09:22 PM

42,846 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary2017 View Post
Interesting. Do you mind sharing your zip code? Are you in a house or apartment? The reason is Comcast pricing is absolutely ridiculous. They want to charge me double for half of the services I'm getting through Consolidated.

If AT&T works well in my area I'd rather go with them. I really can't stand Comcast and don't want to give them my money. Plus AT&T has better pricing.
Check AT&T pricing after your first year discount ends. We had U-verse 30mbps (fastest we could get) and our rates doubled after 12 months and they wouldn't budge on lowering the rate, we switched to Comcast with no contract and our rate hasn't gone up in 2 years. I just checked and AT&T now offer 50mbps here but I don't see how unless they added a new VRAD, or it's not still FTTN? When we had 30mbps we usually got closer to 12 or 16 mbps. Anyway I will never go back to AT&T, I can't stand the way they do business and I abhor Directv
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento