Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2017, 06:55 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,697,815 times

Advertisements

Today I tried to make reservations for my RV and HearstCastle wheelchair to tour for the end of the month.
Typical of California state websites the reserves website would not boot up and I had nothing but trouble for almost an hour. I finally called the help desk and the girl assisted me in making my reservation for the RV for 4 nights. She clearly understood that I needed a site that was at least 32 feet long and as wide as possible. She found several, one of which was 34 footlong and some 19 foot wide and she booked it for me.
However when I got the email confirmation it showed me witha 25 foot space which simply will not work. So I again called the help desk and ask what was going on and they told me to spaces that are (nonspecific) and that the site I have been assigned towas at least 25 foot long and 12 foot wide, neither fit my specifications
She told me I could go to the reserve website and look atthe site but you cannot do that by space number.
I refuse to spend $500 round-trip and fuel for my motorhome only to arrive and find out that I have a space that is far too short and narrow to accommodate my minivan with my wheelchair so I canceled the reservations for both the tour and the RV site.
Although I have not heard about the RV site cancellation yetI am sure they will assess some fees that are ridiculous for having thereservation for 4 hours. I base this onthe fact that our $57 that I was charged for a 1 hour ADA tour for myself andmy wife they kept $21 of my money for the 4 hour reservation that I had.
I have never regretted leaving California after seeing whatit started to turn into in the mid-1970s after I return from my Army service.

Last edited by keninaz; 09-14-2017 at 07:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2017, 06:59 PM

130,326 posts, read 12,105,905 times
That is too hard for me to plough through & read, seems like Sacramento is not the only messy one.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:03 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,697,815 times
Yes well the CA section of this forum is special and you cannot address anything generically like other states, you must select a specific area.
Maybe Jerry will read it, if Daddy from the 50s taught him how.
And Sacramento, the government base, runs all the state agencies that make these reservations.
I can tell you this, if they don't refund my money and Visa won't return it I will take the state of CA to small claims. Works wonders for the lower class.

Old 09-14-2017, 11:11 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
Yes well the CA section of this forum is special and you cannot address anything generically like other states, you must select a specific area.
And Sacramento, the government base, runs all the state agencies that make these reservations.
I can tell you this, if they don't refund my money and Visa won't return it I will take the state of CA to small claims. Works wonders for the lower class.
Of course you can post in the California "generically", see: //www.city-data.com/forum/california/
At the bottom of the list of cities is a link to 'start new thread'. But what is the point of all this? I'm quite sure that Jerry Brown does not read these forums but if you really wanted help with this, why not call the number for California State Parks and lodge a complaint?
https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=23110

Old 09-15-2017, 09:30 AM

1,148 posts, read 1,572,745 times
Quote:
OK, the amount of whining from you right wing people is really getting old. Always talking about "hard work" and doing things for yourself but in every complaint you're some ultra victim who is being taken advantage of by the big bad government. Ever been to Oklahoma? You can't drive 50 miles without paying a toll somewhere on a Turnpike, even in rural areas. The IDs and driver's licenses are privatized, so you pay through the nose just to get one. The liquor is legislated, so you have to operate an actual "liquor store" to even purchase it beyond a certain hour. Yes, turns out there are downsides where the government effs up in red states to. You don't like CA? I am sure there are plenty of states that would welcome you with open arms.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:39 AM

10,114 posts, read 19,406,247 times
Quote:
Today I tried to make reservations for my RV and HearstCastle wheelchair to tour for the end of the month.
Typical of California state websites the reserves website would not boot up and I had nothing but trouble for almost an hour. I finally called the help desk and the girl assisted me in making my reservation for the RV for 4 nights. She clearly understood that I needed a site that was at least 32 feet long and as wide as possible. She found several, one of which was 34 footlong and some 19 foot wide and she booked it for me.
However when I got the email confirmation it showed me witha 25 foot space which simply will not work. So I again called the help desk and ask what was going on and they told me to spaces that are (nonspecific) and that the site I have been assigned towas at least 25 foot long and 12 foot wide, neither fit my specifications
She told me I could go to the reserve website and look atthe site but you cannot do that by space number.
I refuse to spend $500 round-trip and fuel for my motorhome only to arrive and find out that I have a space that is far too short and narrow to accommodate my minivan with my wheelchair so I canceled the reservations for both the tour and the RV site.
Although I have not heard about the RV site cancellation yetI am sure they will assess some fees that are ridiculous for having thereservation for 4 hours. I base this onthe fact that our $57 that I was charged for a 1 hour ADA tour for myself andmy wife they kept $21 of my money for the 4 hour reservation that I had.
I have never regretted leaving California after seeing whatit started to turn into in the mid-1970s after I return from my Army service.
I'm sorry you had such difficulty. It takes the enjoyment out of a trip when you encounter such problems before even beginning. Watch your credit card statement. When the charge comes in, dispute it through the cc company, because you were given misleading information.

I hope you manage to pull together an enjoyable trip

Old 09-15-2017, 01:13 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,040,074 times
Quote:

Maybe the websites couldn't understand you. I sure as hell wouldn't be able to...and I work with a lot of people who use English as a second language. I understand them better than I understood this post.

Old 09-16-2017, 12:04 PM

130,326 posts, read 12,105,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
Maybe the websites couldn't understand you. I sure as hell wouldn't be able to...and I work with a lot of people who use English as a second language. I understand them better than I understood this post.

the original post was worse. he or she cleaned it up a bit, ( mine was post 2)

anyhow, enjoy your vacation wherever you go.

I do get tired of the california bashing too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
View detailed profiles of: