Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2017, 10:00 PM

2 posts, read 1,130 times

Advertisements

My parents live in a HUD housing and I noticed that the management is really loving their job that they want to fix everything. They send out notices for the entire tenants almost every single week now since they will have a major inspection before the end of this year. The first one was the pre-inspection, next is the repair, now the backyard, next is the windows, the following week is to paint, now the parking lot and right now we recieved again another inspection for the upcoming inspection. We can't even have our own space now without someone coming in. I know they want the best condition for their apartment but I feel like they are abusing our rights. Is this legal? How can I report them? Thanks for helping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 10:31 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,476,200 times
Welcome to being enmeshed with the government. It's just the way it is. All they have to do is give you 24 hours notice to enter. Other than that, there's nobody really to complain to who would do anything about it. I live in HUD housing, by the way. Inspections are just part of the deal.

The upside to it, is that because of the inspections, you're going to get decent housing. It's a sign that you're being taken care of, really. So, try to think of it that way.

Ironically, I just got another notice they're coming around next week to log the appliance numbers/models, etc. Who knows why. I don't worry about waiting around for them anymore. If I don't want to be here, I just tell management they have permission to come in if I'm not here, and I just lock up anything important.

It's just part of the deal with government housing. Try to see the upside. It's cheap, and the price is some inconvenience. That's what I try to do, anyway. I agree it does get annoying, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento