Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2017, 04:16 PM

84 posts, read 105,182 times

Advertisements

Next year in 2018. I will propose to my girlfriend, but I have not the slightest idea on a good spot to propose at. I would like for it to not be a restaurant. I want to invite my friends (our family lives in another state) and propose at a spot that has a good view, stuff to see and more of a not so busy area. Any places come to mind? It can be in the LGBT section of town or have a LGBT theme since we are, but it doesn't have to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2017, 11:53 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,283,365 times
If you don't mind being outside of Sacramento, I was thinking one of the wineries might be a nice location. I can't remember any specific ones, but at one point I went winery hopping with a date on a motorcycle somewhere around the Placerville area. We had started in Folsom. At any rate, in order to get a view, that's not in an upper-floor restaurant, you need to get into the hills, since Sac is flat.

A quick Google search found this resource for wineries around Folsom:

https://www.larkspurhotels.com/folso...lsom/wineries/

Maybe someone living in the area now can suggest a particular one.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:06 AM

3,720 posts, read 9,958,135 times
Helwig Winery in Plymouth has an outdoor pavilion with a beautiful view. You can bring your own food, and buy wine from the winery.

Or consider a river cruise.

Old 12-04-2017, 01:06 AM

4,025 posts, read 3,262,339 times
Congratulations! I wish both of you much happiness!

I think the people suggesting a winery were giving you an excellent idea, but if it were me, I would emphasize the fun aspect more than the view aspect. This isn't your wedding its the proposal. While you and your girlffriend will be real excited if you are inviting a bunch of people like your familly and your friends from across the country who may not know each other very well and may not have that much to say to each other I think I would emphasize some activity that everyone could either join in or something might be fun to watch. So I think I would probably look at K1 speed or maybe bungee jumping off say the foothill bridge something that keeps everyone entertained.

https://www.k1speed.com/blog/electri...o-cordova.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento