Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2018, 12:30 PM

1 posts, read 528 times

Advertisements

I was recently terminated and not sure how to explain in one paragraph on applications & during interviews. It is documented as follows; “you broke a reasonable employer rule.” Termination – Gross violation of Company (***) policy. Company handbook section 4.3G, “Unauthorized or careless use of the Company’s material, equipment or property”.
I found a folder that I created was accidentally put on the internal server that contained sensitive company info. I moved it to a jump drive until I could "clean" it up and return it the next morning.
UNAUTHORIZED – Part of my job for the 2 ½ years of employment was creating, monitoring and updating files and folders on the internal co server on a daily basis and I have had no previous reprimands or violations.
CARELESS -I moved the folder from the server to a flash drive to secure and safeguard the personal employee information, vendor materials & pricing and the outsource costs and purchase patterns of the company. This was only a temporary move because of the time restraint I was not able to remove the files before I had to leave the office. I absolutely did not in any way do this to harm the Company, owner or anyone. In fact my intentions were quite the opposite. Had I left the files in the folder on the server until I came in the next morning, as the employees begin coming in to the office and starting their day they would have to log into the server. The length of time between when they start coming in and I came in is approximately 2 hours and the office is closed. Because the office is not open, generally people will work on price quotes, verifying the status of the existing jobs and making sure that they have all of the materials needed to complete that job. All of these tasks would require them to either open that folder or if the folder is not available each employee was given a binder for their department that contains the needed information and the job report is printed out by each employee at the end of their shift the night before. The employees could complete their jobs without the folder on the server and there would be no impact but if I had left that folder as it was on the server and they opened the folder to access the files they needed the potential for damage to the company and the knowledge that employee would gain would be irreversible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2018, 08:42 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,006,587 times
Just say you did not like the direction the company was going, and it was a mutual split.

Old 03-17-2018, 10:31 PM

231 posts, read 250,670 times
What Wizard said. From what I've heard, your former company can legally say why you were fired/terminated but most companies will only confirm your hire date and last day of work to avoid lawsuits, etc. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento