U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-01-2019, 03:09 AM
 
5,259 posts, read 5,579,678 times
Reputation: 2542

Advertisements

I thought I'd throw out some drinking spots: a lot of these places have food as well.

Some newer ones on K Street: all of these have outdoor patios as well:

Tiger - Full Bar with a 70's theme and they do Dim Sum on a rotating Cart.

"Wine and Coffee" - thats the name, Full Wine Bar, and serves coffee from a local coffee place called Chocolate Fish(the owners are from New Zealand and "Chocolate Fish" is a national dessert.

Fizz - Lively Champagne Bar (and wine).

Ruhstaller - Great Beer place, very very friendly bartenders, patio outside, but with an underground cave room attracts a lively up close and personal crowd.

Dive Bar - Nightclubish with Mermaids swimming in giant fish tanks.

Many more can't list them all.....

Bonus:
Snug - lively and cozy full bar, very friendly on R Street

The 1010 Room - at 1010 Tenth Street - Very friendly, neighborly, great drinks, full bar, DJ plays lively 70's, R&B, funk, and 70' and early 80's Disco. Food served

Karma Brew - cozy, very friendly, neighborly - owner is from Persia, very friendly, and he looks like Ghandi :-)
Full Bar, with Tea and Coffee, Very European


Good place to watch a Kings Game (or any other sport)

The Hotel Bar (its the bar in the Marriott Downtown)

Old Sacramento - Fanny Anns

Firestone Public House L Street

The Bank -on J Street (Awesome Tap room in the Basement which has a special room in the original Vault when it was an actual bank, Full Bar Main room, Full Bar in cozy "hidden room" on 2nd floor)

Neighborhood Bar on Folsom Blvd and 48th/49th

Iron Horse on R Street

Burgers and Brew on J Street - carrys hard to find beers

English Pub on J Street always lively

Sampino -on Broadway in the Tower Theater/Records building

Sauced BBQ at DoCo (K Street)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-03-2019, 06:49 PM
 
938 posts, read 924,155 times
Reputation: 438
Sellands Market is garbage way overpriced crap food.

For Mexican, Tres Hermanas in Sacramento is quite good. Chando's Cantina is decent as well.

But for Asian food-you have tons of options in Rancho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2019, 03:10 PM
 
Location: Sacramento
501 posts, read 394,349 times
Reputation: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post
Sellands Market is garbage way overpriced crap food.

For Mexican, Tres Hermanas in Sacramento is quite good. Chando's Cantina is decent as well.

But for Asian food-you have tons of options in Rancho.
Sellands does a weekly special - dinner for two for $25. It's usually pretty decent real food and it comes with a paired bottle of wine. Dinner for two with a bottle of wine for $25 -- I wouldn't call that overpriced. You can usually sub beer in for the wine if you like. Legit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2019, 10:37 PM
 
5,259 posts, read 5,579,678 times
Reputation: 2542
I love Sellands! The original on H street, and the new one on Broadway. My favorite is the one on Folsom and Alhambra, called OBO, great space good for alfresco, full bar and full expresso bar. The Broadway Sellands has the best French Dip sandwich anywhere.

Across the street from Sellands H street is a great, very friendly French Bistro - Cafe le Rolle.

Capitol Stage on J has a heartfelt very well acted play, near there is a Spanish Tapas place.

New places:
The Cabin on 21st and L, cozy cool “mountain cabin” bar, fireplace, perfect on a rainy cold night.
Kitty corner from their is Costanzas, full bar , cozy and lively place to watch the red hot Sac Kings play.

Old places rediscovered:
Orphan - quaint breakfast/lunch place, excellent food.
C street near 35th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2019, 07:15 PM
 
5,259 posts, read 5,579,678 times
Reputation: 2542
The “Cabin” is way cool, look for the Deer Antlers, the interior is all done up like you are in a log cabin, American River rocks make up the fire place, (so they say). Interesting libation creations. Wolves, antelope, bears, raccoons, eagles adorn the walls, knotty pine make up the walls, reminds me of my ex mother-in-laws cabin in the Redwoods on the Russian River, cozy cool.

Great date place, but later at night, gets a bit loud.

Gimme S’more favorite drink - $10

Best thing about the place, Late sixties, 1970’s and 80’s Mello Rock n Roll is played. Beatles and the Stones on the sound track now. Graduate students, lawyers, state workers, politicos, oh my Gov Gavin Newsom just walked in, shouldn’t he be workin now. I guess he deserves a hot Totty after that State of the State speech yesterday. Ok, that was a Gavin look-alike, seems all the women ( and men) got their panties in bunch since he moved here last month.

Young , down to earth, ( who says that anymore, lol) friendly Sacramento crowd.

On 21st street between L and K.

Last edited by Chimérique; 02-14-2019 at 08:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2019, 10:42 AM
 
5,259 posts, read 5,579,678 times
Reputation: 2542
A Marin County based restaurant group Moanna is coming to Downtown Sacramento. This restaurant group has individual high end speciality restaurants in tony locations: Sausalito, Tiburon, Napa, Yountville, Sonoma, Kauai, Palm Springs, Portland, and Mexico City. They are all different with different themes and names from High end Italian to Hawaiian influenced Asia, Southern Fare, New American.

The new speciality restaurant will be high end authentic Mexican, named , Poblano, named after the city in Mexico. Should be open in 2-3 months. It will be on the 2nd floor overlooking the Arena public space below.

In addition to their speciality restaurants, Moanna has one "chain", Piatti. They are already in Sacramento. at Pavilions. Other locations: La Jolla (SD), Denver, San Antonio, Seattle, Mill Valley, Danville, and Santa Clara.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2019, 10:33 PM
 
Location: Sacramento CA
358 posts, read 218,651 times
Reputation: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post

The new speciality restaurant will be high end authentic Mexican, named , Poblano, named after the city in Mexico. Should be open in 2-3 months. It will be on the 2nd floor overlooking the Arena public space
I believe you may be a bit confused on this one. The restaurant will be called “Polanco” after the high end posh neighborhood in Mexico City. Poblano is typically referred to someone from the Puebla region of Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2019, 08:26 AM
 
2,818 posts, read 4,062,119 times
Reputation: 2315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
A Marin County based restaurant group Moanna is coming to Downtown Sacramento. This restaurant group has individual high end speciality restaurants in tony locations: Sausalito, Tiburon, Napa, Yountville, Sonoma, Kauai, Palm Springs, Portland, and Mexico City. They are all different with different themes and names from High end Italian to Hawaiian influenced Asia, Southern Fare, New American.

The new speciality restaurant will be high end authentic Mexican, named , Poblano, named after the city in Mexico. Should be open in 2-3 months. It will be on the 2nd floor overlooking the Arena public space below.

In addition to their speciality restaurants, Moanna has one "chain", Piatti. They are already in Sacramento. at Pavilions. Other locations: La Jolla (SD), Denver, San Antonio, Seattle, Mill Valley, Danville, and Santa Clara.
Piatti is such a cute place. Every year, my parents and I celebrate our joint spring birthdays at the Danville location, and I love the La Jolla one too - great light and a beautiful patio.

Question: as someone who doesn't really drink and knows nothing about the Sacramento bar scene but appreciates its dining scene, would you say the bar scene is better than, or not as good as, the food scene? All these places sound really interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2019, 08:52 AM
 
5,259 posts, read 5,579,678 times
Reputation: 2542
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
Piatti is such a cute place. Every year, my parents and I celebrate our joint spring birthdays at the Danville location, and I love the La Jolla one too - great light and a beautiful patio.

Question: as someone who doesn't really drink and knows nothing about the Sacramento bar scene but appreciates its dining scene, would you say the bar scene is better than, or not as good as, the food scene? All these places sound really interesting.
On our way to Tahoe..we had dinner at Piatti - Sacramento location is at Pavilions (Fair Oaks Blvd/Howe Ave). The food was really good. Daily made fresh pasta - Pappardelle, Ravioli, etc. Nice bar, very nice outdoor patio, great light as well.

I can't say one is better than the other (bar scene/dining scene). If you really like trying nice bars, tap rooms, beer gardens, neighborhood bars, boutique hotel bars, sports bars, wine bars and coffee/cafe places you certainly have a lot to choose from. The downtown/midtown is great as you can walk from one to the next or very easily rent a "JUMP Bike or Scooter"...or Uber/Lyft it. And there is quite a bit out in the older and newer suburbs. Piatti, for example in one of the older burbs..you have to drive to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top