U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 04:43 PM

35,402 posts, read 16,356,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post
Chando's is ok but expensive- I actually like Tres Hermanas better. So far they seem to have the best carne asada in town from the places I have tried out.
Then I guess I'd better go try Tres Hermanas What I am really craving is a good tamale, not one of those teeny ones but a big Tamale with multiple thin layers of masa and lots of juicy flavored meat and sauce in the middle. Years ago I had a friend from Peru whose mother made turkey tamales like that, they about filled your plate. I haven't found one like that since then. If you ever run across one let me know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 08:26 PM

923 posts, read 343,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Then I guess I'd better go try Tres Hermanas What I am really craving is a good tamale, not one of those teeny ones but a big Tamale with multiple thin layers of masa and lots of juicy flavored meat and sauce in the middle. Years ago I had a friend from Peru whose mother made turkey tamales like that, they about filled your plate. I haven't found one like that since then. If you ever run across one let me know!
It's just old fashion style meals, but it's one of my favorite places. Try the meatball soup, well, anything really. I've never had a bad meal. It's too expensive for being a hole-in-the-wall, but apparently I find it worthy of gouging me for good food.

go when you can have "cocktail hour" before the meal. they have a full bar and I hear the locals gather there in the evenings.

Old 02-20-2019, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
It's just old fashion style meals, but it's one of my favorite places. Try the meatball soup, well, anything really. I've never had a bad meal. It's too expensive for being a hole-in-the-wall, but apparently I find it worthy of gouging me for good food.

go when you can have "cocktail hour" before the meal. they have a full bar and I hear the locals gather there in the evenings.
Albondigas? I will definitely go check it out, I love that stuff!

Old 03-03-2019, 03:08 PM

289 posts, read 465,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunMoonEarth View Post
I love La Bouillabaisse. Is there any French restaurant around Sacramento has it?

I think you would like Danielle's Crêperie in Arden Town. I don't know if they have La Bouillabaiss specifically but they have some very good soups.
Welcome to Danielle's Creperie!

Sacramento has some good restaurants mostly downtown, but its over-run with burger, pizza and mexican joints.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:27 AM

40 posts, read 17,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdev View Post
I think you would like Danielle's Crêperie in Arden Town. I don't know if they have La Bouillabaiss specifically but they have some very good soups.
Welcome to Danielle's Creperie!

Sacramento has some good restaurants mostly downtown, but its over-run with burger, pizza and mexican joints.

Added to my list

Old 03-06-2019, 10:30 AM

In the almost 5 years I've lived here I have yet to find a decent Thai place, most are mediocre at best and it seems they must all be colluding to sell entrees for $10-12 with two ounces of meat. I didn't like much about Reno when I lived there but they had two or three really good Thai restaurants.

Old 03-06-2019, 06:03 PM

40 posts, read 17,773 times
Quote:
In the almost 5 years I've lived here I have yet to find a decent Thai place, most are mediocre at best and it seems they must all be colluding to sell entrees for $10-12 with two ounces of meat. I didn't like much about Reno when I lived there but they had two or three really good Thai restaurants.

I'm looking forward to try some from this list. Are they not good enough?

Best Thai in the Sacramento area - Sacramento A-List

Old 03-06-2019, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunMoonEarth View Post
I'm looking forward to try some from this list. Are they not good enough?

Best Thai in the Sacramento area - Sacramento A-List
I've been to a few that are on the list and wasn't impressed. But thanks for posting the list, I will try some of the others. I usually use Yelp or recommendations of friends.

Old 03-07-2019, 09:31 PM

358 posts, read 218,868 times
Quote:
I've been to a few that are on the list and wasn't impressed. But thanks for posting the list, I will try some of the others. I usually use Yelp or recommendations of friends.
Chang’s Thai in Natomas is pretty solid.

https://changsthaicuisines.org

Old 03-07-2019, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsaeed View Post
Chang’s Thai in Natomas is pretty solid.

https://changsthaicuisines.org
Thanks, we'll give it a try I looked at the menu and it seems reasonable, is there anything you would particularly recommend that we try?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or