Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 08:19 PM

6 posts, read 16,187 times

Advertisements

I have been looking at buying a place here in Sacramento for quite some time, and am considering place in Natomas with Beazer. I would love the Grid/South Land Park/Hollywood Park area, but the prices are just too much for a comparable 3br/2ba available in Natomas. Beazer has a model that I really like, however I am skeptical about buying in a newer development (quality, and some negative reviews of Beazer homes in other areas). Does anyone have any input about developments in the Natomas, specifically Beazer? Drive time to/from work is not an issue, price point is around $400k. Any input would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Pros
-new house
-modern kitchen
-large bedroom and master bath
-2 car garage
-no upgrades/remodels needed

Cons
-No trees or neighborhood appeal
-Basically no back yard
-Extremely close to neighboring homes
-Who knows if a light rail will ever provide service, and if it does, where will it be
-Narrow streets/street parking
-In a flood zone/flood insurance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2019, 11:51 PM

740 posts, read 456,639 times
I hate how builders build new homes. They are so close together you can hear your neighbor take a dump. Greed. Greed. Greed.

Old 02-16-2019, 11:23 AM

1,447 posts, read 1,570,303 times
This is why I like older homes with an actual back yard.

Old 02-16-2019, 07:19 PM

101 posts, read 182,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down_With_Lima_Beans View Post
I have been looking at buying a place here in Sacramento for quite some time, and am considering place in Natomas with Beazer. I would love the Grid/South Land Park/Hollywood Park area, but the prices are just too much for a comparable 3br/2ba available in Natomas. Beazer has a model that I really like, however I am skeptical about buying in a newer development (quality, and some negative reviews of Beazer homes in other areas). Does anyone have any input about developments in the Natomas, specifically Beazer? Drive time to/from work is not an issue, price point is around $400k. Any input would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Pros
-new house
-modern kitchen
-large bedroom and master bath
-2 car garage
-no upgrades/remodels needed

Cons
-No trees or neighborhood appeal
-Basically no back yard
-Extremely close to neighboring homes
-Who knows if a light rail will ever provide service, and if it does, where will it be
-Narrow streets/street parking
-In a flood zone/flood insurance
400K for Natomas?!?!

Old 02-16-2019, 08:45 PM

1,447 posts, read 1,570,303 times
Yeah that does seem high for Natomas- I see places in the 200-300k range

Old 02-16-2019, 10:41 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,500,469 times
I had a friend who had bought in Natomas, and his home flooded. I, personally, would not buy there.

I also had a home in WA state that was in a flood zone, and it flooded - fortunately, after I left my husband who was so happy he won the house in the divorce, ha ha!

But, the point is that if a home is in a flood zone, it will flood. Maybe not this year, maybe not next year - but you can bet that it will flood.

And, as I recall, all of Natomas is in a flood zone.

Old 02-16-2019, 11:15 PM

40 posts, read 30,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
And, as I recall, all of Natomas is in a flood zone.

High flood risk even

Old 02-17-2019, 05:28 AM

29 posts, read 22,449 times
IMO, for $400K it is on the high side for Natomas. Depending on the house and location, you could possibly get into something in Folsom/Roseville/Rocklin that isn't brand new. You might have to wait a bit for prices to go down a bit but it's not out of the question. With new developments, you always risk not knowing what kind of neighbors you're going to get. Also, Natomas, in general while it has some nice looking pockets here and there, has too many areas of concern for me to move there - especially at that price.

I understand the price constraints limiting your selection though. And the areas I mentioned may not be convenient for you to get to work, which is probably why you are looking at Natomas.

For me, I'd probably rent and wait for conditions to make it possible for me to buy somewhere more desirable long-term.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:41 AM

96 posts, read 80,129 times
OP. Have you spent time in that area? The last time I was there, and I admit it has been several years, there were a lot of Asians in the community. Noticeably.

We bought out first house in North Natomas a long time ago. We sold it after 3 years for a 35% gain. The neighborhood was mixed and friendly. When we went back for a visit several years ago, I thought the area had gone Asian (in the gas stations, in the grocery stores, etc.).

And yes, way back then we had to keep an eye on the floodwaters as they crept closer and closer, but never made it to the house.

The morning commute into downtown Sacramento was not bad, the the afternoon commute was hell. It must be a lot worse by now.

Old 02-17-2019, 09:18 AM

101 posts, read 182,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAlbert View Post
IMO, for $400K it is on the high side for Natomas. Depending on the house and location, you could possibly get into something in Folsom/Roseville/Rocklin that isn't brand new. You might have to wait a bit for prices to go down a bit but it's not out of the question. With new developments, you always risk not knowing what kind of neighbors you're going to get. Also, Natomas, in general while it has some nice looking pockets here and there, has too many areas of concern for me to move there - especially at that price.

I understand the price constraints limiting your selection though. And the areas I mentioned may not be convenient for you to get to work, which is probably why you are looking at Natomas.

For me, I'd probably rent and wait for conditions to make it possible for me to buy somewhere more desirable long-term.
I think that’s a bit of a stretch. Anything going for 400k in Folsom/Rocklin/Roseville will likely be very old and dated and you’d likely be overpaying. Just remember, all the homes in sac plummeted back in 08 and it could very well happen again. I don’t see an economy that supports these home prices and they are overinflated because of Bay Area transplants. Thing is, many peeps are now moving out of “state” so it’s possible this could all take a nosedive. Didn’t sacbee just say homes are down 29% year-over-year? If I’m you, I’m not buying right now unless there is some sort of unknown justification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento